CHAPTER TWELVE PART ONE- SPOTLIGHT +

| FILLER |

ANGEL DECKER

The immense pain in my chest and my banging headache was what woke me up. I yawned and slowly opened my eyes, squinting as the bright sun immediately invaded my blurred eyesight. I tried to move for a second so I could get into a more comfortable position, but I heard an annoyed grunt come from Zhayne. I know what that meant.

I leaned my head back down on the pillow, trying my best to ignore the discomfort I felt not only in my head and chest, but my bottom half as well. I had fallen asleep on my left side, in order to avoid pressure on the right side of my chest. My right leg was scrunched up and turned over, causing my bottom to face up, while my left leg was straight. Normally this position wouldn't be a problem for me, but Zhayne had made himself comfortable with his head laying on one of my butt cheeks, while his large hand rested on my other. His head wasn't exactly small, either. So I kind of felt my bottom half going numb. I sighed.

Suddenly I felt another spark of pain in my chest, reminding me of my injury and breaking me out of my thoughts immediately. I look down at my bandage, looking to see if I'd bled through or not. I did, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Zhayne had cleaned the wound once again before we went to bed last night and made sure to wrap me up with extra protection, which I was sort of grateful for. I didn't want to lose too much blood.

I placed my hand onto the gauze, lightly grazing the small blood stain that seeped through the material overnight. I felt my heart sink in my chest as the blood very vaguely formed the letters Zhayne carved into me.

Z.D

His mark.

Zhayne's initials are now forever engraved in my chest. He marked me as if I were some animal ready to be put up for sale. I feel like a prisoner around him already, but now that I bear his mark it just made everything worse. I can't even begin to describe the amount of despair this brought upon me. I'll never be able to move past this. I feel less than a human being.

I kept still as I blinked away tears. I had to make sure I controlled my breathing so that Zhayne wouldn't be able to tell that I'm crying. Because if he did find out I know he'd probably say something to hurt my feelings even more. And I really don't want to hear his mouth about me being dramatic when I have every right to cry. This is not fair to me in any way. I took in a silent deep breath and wiped my tears away with one hand.

"Angel."

I froze. My body automatically began to slightly tremble in petrification at the mere sound of his voice. My efforts to make it unnoticeable failed. I sat up a little and turned to look down at Zhayne who's already looking up at me. If I'm being honest I couldn't even tell he was sleep not even 30 seconds ago. His eyes were wide open, alert, aware. He didn't even look like he'd slept. If I didn't listen to him snoring not too long ago then I would have guessed he'd already been awake and just hadn't said anything.

While still looking into my eyes, he began to run his hand up and down my butt and thigh. "Angel." He murmured again, calmly. There was not an ounce of anger in his tone but it still shook me to my core. I felt my stomach twist up in knots. The way my name fell from his lips...It just...it didn't sound right. Every time he uttered it I feel as if there's some evil hidden intention behind it.

"Y-yes?" I whispered, barely able to breathe as I stared back at him. I'm currently trying my best not to look away. I want to avoid his piercing gaze but I know how much he hated when I avoided his eyes. So I forced myself to look at him.

He continued caressing my bottom as he uttered his next words. "First and foremost, how are you feeling?" He inquired, his gaze turning serious. Like he cares. He's the one who did this to me in the first place and he wants to act like he cares about how I feel? Well what the heck do you think, Zhayne?