𝗶 | 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝘁

IRL

IRL

ASHLEYS POV

i woke up to the sound of my alarm. my eyes open but quickly flutter shut because the sunlight peeking out of the curtains hit them. i turn and grab my phone to see the time reading "9 am"

waking up was extra hard today. with my brother, Corbyn, and two other roommates, Jonah and Eben, working on the peek of their album, it was nonstop work and music for them. Hearing the same beat over, and over, and over again until it's perfect until the late hours of the night. 

I walk into my closet and grabbed the outfit I picked out the night prior and head to the bathroom. today my schedule consisted of filming with one of my good friends, Hannah. Also known as Hannah Meloche. i unplug my phone from its charger and walk out my room to head downstairs. 

Pouring milk into his cat's bowl, Jonah looks up with bags under his eyes and gives me a warm smile. 

"mornin ash, off filming early today?" he asked

"yeah with Hannah, the lighting always looks best during this time so better to get it done now" i say and make a quick coffee while continuing to make small talk with him. 

After I finish, I head towards the door. and grab my car keys. 

"I shouldn't be out too late, tell corbyn where I am when he wakes up, bye love you!" i say and walk out the door and into my car. my car connects to its aux, and to prevent me from driving and being on my phone, I play my apple music station that generates based on my music taste.

a couple songs in and I finally stumble on one that I can't seem to put a name to. I take a quick glance while sitting at a red light and see a song called "so what!" by jaden hossler. i knew of Jaden, like any normal teenage girl at the time would but I was taken back by the fact that he sang. being very picky with what songs I do and don't like, I tell Siri to add it to my playlist after finding myself replaying it a second time. 

 I pull up to Hannahs house and unlock the door with my key that she gifted me when she first moved in to her new house. Hannah was my first friend in LA. I was terrified when I first moved here that everyone would be just as horrible as the others talked about and after meeting a few people, I was convinced they were. Until I met my Hannah. she was the most down the earth person, I have ever met and we instantly clicked. 

we caught up and chilled for a little before we started filming, so during that time,  i went on tiktok and ended up on Jadens page to see what other music he has. Not only did I realize his music was great, but so was his face.  I fell deep into a rabbits hole and stumbled onto a tiktok where he uses the sound of the song i heard in the car. hannah was in the bathroom so i quickly press the sound and stood my phone up, creating a quick video.