Chapter 12 - Our Time To Fly

Hi KIDS THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. I just realized I've been spelling Aoba Johsai wrong this whole time. I speak Chinese so my Ching chang Chong self kicked in. Sorry if i triggered you. And if you actually read these put 'Tanaka is the only straight guy in the chat' Thank you. Lets get right into the story.

!TRIGGER WARNING!: IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SOMETHING RELATING TO EATING AND OR EATING DISORDER DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER. YOUR HEALTH IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN READING THIS STUPID BOOK

I DO NOT OWN HAIKYU OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS

I ONLY OWN PIPPA AND THE READER

"Care to explain why you've been making yourself throw up?" Coach Ukai questions.

This was my worst nightmare. Somebody must have told him. I'll just play it off like I don't know what he's talking about!

"I'm sorry? I don't know what you're talking abou-" "Don't give me that crap. Tanaka told already me everything." Coach Ukai doesn't even take me excuse into consideration before he interrupts me. "W-well he's lying!" I stutter nervously. "Listen," he puts a hand on my shoulder, "I don't know what's going on with you and you're life. And you don't have to talk about it." He stands up, speaking shortly after. "But I'm not going to put on players that are fatigued and malnourished. So if you keep doing this, you won't play. Do you understand?" He asks for confirmation. "Yes sir..." I say looking down. "And just so you know, the whole team knows thanks to Ginger and Kageyama. So they'll be watching you to see if you're eating properly." He says. He takes me into a hug and lets go shortly after. "And if you need to get something off your chest, don't hesitate to come talk to me alright?" He asks. I nod. "Now go home and get some rest. We have hard a training session tomorrow." Coach Ukai says. "Ok thank you coach!" I bow, picking up my stuff, changing to my outdoor shoes and running out the gym.

I can't even explain how mad I am with Tanaka, he didn't have the right to tell anybody. I wanted to talk to people, I would have talked to people.

I walk out the gym and down the steps. "(Y/N)." I jump, hearing a voice behind me. I see Nishinoya leaning against the wall and crossing his arms. He looks up and then smiles. "Let me treat you to some ice cream. Okay?" He suggests. "Sure Noya." I smile as we walk together to get some ice cream.

Timeskip to next day's practice

"(Y/N)!" Sugawara calls my name. "Yes Suga-san?" I ask what he needed. "Here." He hands me a piece of paper, I look at him confused. "They're hand signals for when were in a game!" He explained. I nodded "Thanks Suga-san!" I thank him, putting the piece of paper in the bag.

...

"Nice kill Asahi-san!" "Excellent set Kageyama!". We were spiking one by one with Kageyama setting, waiting for everyone to arrive. "Hey guys come over here! I wanna try something!" Coach Ukai instructs. We sit down as we bring out a whiteboard and starts to explain how to do back attacks.

...

"So do you guys think you can handle that?" Coach Ukai asks. "Well first we have to find the right spike height" Kageyama says. "That looks complicated..." I say. "That looks tricky." Hinata admits. "We'll do our best! Thank you for your advice coach!" Asahi says with determination. And with that, we got to work on our quick attack.

...

"Good work guys!" Daichi praises us. "Hey (Y/N)! I was thinking—" "Go away Tanaka." I say frustrated. Not letting him finish his sentence. "U-um (Y/N) are you feeling alright?" Tanaka asked with concern. "Look, if you don't want me to smash your head against the wall, stop talking." I get up walking away from Tanaka.