Chapter 1

On a quiet winter night, in a barren place of ice and snow spreading on for miles. It was pretty dark, almost too dark to even see, except for the Northern Lights dancing above the winter sky. You'd think by the looks of it this was the North Pole... Well, it was. 

An elderly man with a white beard, dressed in a red suit decided to head out into the cold that night with a lantern. This elderly man was proven to be quite wise as you could see the warmth and kindness in his eyes. It was revealed that he was the one and only legendary figure, Santa Claus. 

With him walking by his side was his faithful dog, an all-white Great Pyrenees, Santa Paws. The two best friends soon arrived at a cave. Inside they looked up seeing a giant icicle shimmering above. But they could also hear liquid dripping from it as it appeared to be melting. 

"If the great Christmas icicle continues to melt at this rate, Christmas magic stored in the ice crystal will vanish" Santa Paws spoke. 

Santa Claus nodded to his dog. "These days, children and their pups just don't believe like they used to. Their focus is on themselves, instead of on giving to others less fortunate" 

"If they don't understand the true meaning of Christmas, the icicle has no chance" Santa Paws said gravely. 

Santa sighed sadly with a frown. "I'm afraid that's something we just can't teach"

"Soon it will be Puppy Paws' responsibility to show the next generation the importance of Christmas spirit" Santa Paws explained. 

Santa Claus and Santa Paws continued looking up at the magic Christmas icicle that was slowly melting away before heading back to the workshop. 

Meanwhile, Puppy Paws, the fun-loving yet rambunctious son of Santa Paws was causing mischief by having taken the reindeer out for a spin in the sleigh. 

Inside the stables, a couple of young reindeer were shown gathered together. 

"Hey, Holly, Niko..." Blizzard came over towards her two friends. 

"What's up, Blizzard?" A slightly older Niko asked the daughter of Blitzen. 

"Have you seen the guys?" Blizzard asked, referring to Santa's main reindeer team. 

"I think they went out with Puppy Paws" Holly, Vixen's daughter answered. 

Niko sighed at the mention of Santa Paws's mischievous son. "He'll need to grow up sooner or later and understand that Christmas is not all fun and games... Well, it is but, you know what I mean" Niko told his friends, showing to be more mature now like his father. 

Holly then gasped, looking out the window to see the team coming in for a landing outside. "Here they come!"

Blizzard, Niko, and Holly came outside to see the reindeer panting showing that they were clearly tired from the flight as Puppy Paws jumped out of the sleigh. 

"Hey there, little buddy" Blizzard smiled at the fluffy white puppy. "You want to join us for some hot cocoa?" 

"Uh, no thanks" Puppy Paws declined. "I'm going to go find some fun in the workshop" He replied before running off towards Santa's workshop. 

The reindeer watched the puppy while Dasher sighed. "Oh, that pup sure has a lot to learn before he takes the reins and is responsible for Christmas"

"You said it" Prancer nodded in agreement. 

"Nothing beats learning anything then by going out to gain experience for yourself" Rudolph commented, referring to his past adventures. 

Inside the workshop, Puppy Paws entered finding the elves and elf dogs hard at work prepping toys and getting everything ready for the big night while singing a happy tune. Not far from where Puppy Paws was at, Santa Paws's other pups, Noble, Charity, Jingle, and Hope were shown wandering around.