Chapter 7

Yeji's POV

We're here in the living room, mom and dad are casually talking with the TV on and Hyunjin hasn't arrive yet.

"Dad, how did you end up with mom?" I suddenly asked. Mom stared at me but I shrug.

"Your mom was really drunkard when I met her. It's like she was losing the will to live and kept telling me to leave her alone, that she doesn't need anyone, like that." dad stated, I laugh when I saw how mom turned red.

"Why do you even need to mention that..." she mumbled.

"Seulgi, Yeji is not a kid anymore." dad said but mom hissed, "well, your mom seemed to be embarrass so I'll just whisper it to you. Don't look at her direction, okay? Seulgi is not here." he even joked.

"Seulgi if you're still there please move the curtain. Seulgi? Seulgi? Oh you're not here anymore-" dad was cut off when mom shoved the throw pillow on his head.

"Okay, let's continue. Your mom will just be embarrass in a moment tho. She mentioned that she has an ex she loved the most but I don't care anyway, at least I have twins with her." dad chuckles so I did too. He's such a cute daddy.

"But seriously, when I met her, thought I was reviving a wilted flower. Since I met her in the bar she was always in, I would often go there to see her. At first we were like cat and dog, of course I was chasing your mom but rather than running away she would push me physically, like literally. Gosh I remember hitting my back on the edge of the counter and at that point I decided to win her more."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I realized that I'm getting old. I felt my spine almost cracking so I said to myself that I really need to get married with her because I don't want to grow old alone." he said, I knew he's joking because he's laughing and mom's not saying a thing.

"The first time your mom lowered her guard from me was when she was admitted in the hospital. She passed out, drinking all day long and not eating breakfast, lunch or even dinner. She dialed my number, she was crying, told me that she had no one to take care of her in the hospital and that she needed me...that's a foul tho. I cried that day knowing she needed me and knowing about her situation." I can see the heat building up on his cheeks and ears. Just like when Ryujin and I was in the music room, her ears reddened and I don't know why. "I guess your mom called me that day not because she needed me but because she don't have any penny to pay for the hospital bill." dad added with a laugh.

"So yeah I won at the end because I'm handsome." dad boastfully said.

"Suit yourself Jaebeom-ah! You won because you impregnated me." mom said.

"And you let me~" dad hugged her from behind but mom keeps on pushing him away.

Cute...feels like they never grow old. I wish they won't. I love us living like this—no, I love them living like this.

"Actually, we're not supposed to have children in our own. Seulgi just wanted to adopt and she had a potential kid to adopt, I think she's been looking for that baby a months before we met? Right, Seulgi?"

"Yeah...she was a 2 month old baby when I first saw her in the orphanage while I was donating toys. No one dared to adopt her and she was into me, she loved holding my fingers with her tiny hands, she'd cry if I leave and she would always hush when I'm carrying her. I thought of adopting her when I already have stable life and partner of course." mom stated, it made me confuse.