Chapter 16: They Didn't Deserve It

TW: death

"We are; we just have to make sure it's safe first. You and I couldn't take that thing alone; you know that."

Liam relaxed slightly hearing Theo's reasoning, but still went to throw on shoes. He still felt awful, but he was drawing from his anger.

"Parrish said they are on their way over with Derek and Argent," Mason looked at them, "he said wait until they clear the area."

"They are over there by now," Liam opened the door, heading downstairs. He almost collapsed on the stairs, but Theo caught him.

"Liam, are you sure you are okay?"

"I'm fine," Liam pushed Theo's hands off of him as Mason, Corey, and Nolan watched from the top of the stairs. His eyes were glowing. Theo knew he was worried; he knew Liam loved his parents. He just grabbed his hand, hoping his eyes would return to blue, and he didn't punch Theo. The beta did relax slightly at Theo's touch as they went out to his truck. The ride to the hospital was silent. Liam jumped out of the truck when they got there. Theo scanned the scene. There were powerlines thrown on the ground, the sign was shredded; he could smell blood. Parrish came over to the rest of the group as he watched Liam storm inside.

"Someone better get him," Parrish said solemnly.

Theo could hear the hellhound's heart beating. He knew something was wrong; he quickly ran after his boyfriend.

"Which one?" Mason asked quietly.

"Both."

Corey grabbed Mason's hand while Nolan looked at the ground. No one knew how to react; they quickly followed Parrish inside. They heard Melissa's voice.

"Liam, honey look at me," she tried to comfort him, "you need to breath."

Mason, Corey, and Nolan walked past sheets after sheets covering bodies. They didn't want to know how many people this thing had killed. They turned the corner and saw Liam on his knees, tears streaking down his face. Theo had both of his arms wrapped around the beta trying to control him as Melissa was trying to calm him down. Mason felt tears stream down his own face; he knew Liam's parents his entire life. They always took care of him as a son. Corey wrapped his arm around him.

Liam wasn't able to say a word; his body was shaking, unmoving in Theo's arms.

"Do you have anything on this thing?" Theo looked up as Derek and Argent were walking towards them. Argent quickly took Melissa in his embrace; thankful she was one of the few people in the hospital still alive.

"Kluddle," Derek told the chimera.

"As in the shapeshifter tormentor?" Nolan looked at him panicking.

"Unfortunately," Derek stared at the ex-hunter.

Mason and Corey stared at him.

"I like mythology," Nolan stared at them.

"They're impossible to kill and crafty," Argent added in.

Theo could feel Liam's heartbeat racing in his arms.

Derek knelt to the beta, "Liam, you need to calm down."

Liam just looked up at the werewolf, tears still streaming down his face.

"We have to kill it," the boy finally muttered.

"We will," Derek assured him.

Theo heard a different tone in the Little Wolf's voice it sounded vengeful; he hadn't heard that since he fought with Scott over giving Hayden the bite. Theo decided to pull him off the ground, but the beta's legs were in no state for standing as he collapsed again.

"Liam," Melissa went down to him, "you can't stay here; you need to go home."

"I can't go home. I won't go home until it's dead," Liam looked up at her.

"Liam, we can't just go after it without a plan," Derek stared down at the beta.

"Who else does it have to kill?"

"Liam," Theo looked at him, "they're right; we don't know what to do yet."

"I'm going to put the town on lockdown again," Stilisnki told them.

They nodded as Theo pulled Liam off the ground.

"Can I see them?" Liam looked at Melissa, tears streaming down his face.

"You don't want to," she hugged the boy.

"You two should come to my house," Mason grabbed Theo's shoulder.

Theo mouthed thank you to him, knowing the last place Liam should be was where his parents should be.
Derek and Argent pulled Theo aside while Mason and Corey supported Liam.

"Theo, we are going to need your guys' help, but we need you to get him okay first," Derek looked over at Liam.

"Right now, he's a danger to himself and us. He would go in reckless, driven by grief; it would be a bloodbath," Argent added in.

"I'll make sure he is okay."

"Good, we are going to need all the power we can get."

"One more thing, it turned into my sister," Theo stared at them.

"The sister you killed?" Derek asked.

Theo nodded, "I know both you have lost a lot of people, so just thought you should know. I almost got killed by it if Liam didn't snap me out of it."

"Thanks, Theo," Derek said calmly, receiving a nod from Argent.

Theo went back and took Liam out of Mason and Corey's grasps, carrying the beta to his truck. The group was silent as they arrived at Mason's house. Mason's mom met them at the door, hugging Liam in her embrace. She knew how much his parents meant to him; she knew them for years now.

"Why don't you two stay here for a little bit? I'll set up the basement for you," she looked at him. Liam just nodded.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hewitt," Theo looked at her.

"Grace, honey," she smiled at the chimera, "why don't you go get some things for the week then come back?"

Theo nodded knowing she was right; Liam was motionless staring at the doormat.

"C'mon Little Wolf," Theo grabbed his hand, pulling him back towards the truck.

"I don't want to go home."

"Tell me what you need, and you don't need to go inside."

Liam sighed, trying to stop the tears once again, "no, I'll do it."

"Okay," Theo took one hand off the steering wheel and grabbed the beta's hand.

They pulled in slowly. Both of them just stared at the house for a moment. Theo had only known Dr. Geyer for a few days, but he liked the man. He saw how much he cared for Liam, and how Liam talked Jenna was a great person as well.

"Let's get this over with," Theo opened the door. Liam reluctantly followed, grabbing the chimera's hand. They quickly went upstairs. Theo grabbed his bag, while Liam grabbed his bookbag and threw clothes in it. Theo helped him with his lacrosse bag and put clothes in it. Liam stared outside of his parents' bedroom; he couldn't hold it in any longer. He broke down.

Theo looked at him sobbing on the ground.

"They didn't deserve to die," Liam looked at the chimera.

"They didn't, but somethings evil overturns this world," Theo pulled him into his chest, ignoring the tears soaking into his shirt. They sat there for minutes until the beta finally could breathe once again.

"Ready?" Theo looked at him, wiping tears off his face. Liam nodded and slowly walked down the stairs.