Chapter 21: True Love

"Liam, I can't lose you," Theo cried, attempting to resuscitate the small boy. Mason, Corey, and Nolan ran over. Mason stared at his best friend's lifeless body, breaking into sobs. He turned and buried himself into Corey as the chameleon had tears streaming down his face. Nolan froze, basically falling to the ground in shock and despair. Theo kept trying, hyperventilating.

"Little wolf, please."

Argent, Derek, and Parrish ran out after the rest of the plan worked perfectly. The kluddle followed Parrish in; Derek trapped it. Argent turned on the UV lights, and the creature dissipated into thin air. It was over.

"Theo, he's dead," Derek said softly, fighting back tears along with the other two men.

"I'm not giving up," Theo said choking on every word.

"Theo," Argent grabbed his shoulder.

The chimera didn't care he went to do another round of rescue breaths when suddenly he felt movement under him. Liam's chest rose; his eyes sprung open. His eyes were not blue, they didn't glow yellow, but they were bright red. Liam passed out again before he said a word, but he was alive.

Theo quickly wrapped him in his arms as Derek threw off his jacket, throwing it over the boy to help stop the bleeding.

"Theo, we have to get him to the hospital now," Argent quickly pulled him up. Theo nodded shaking from everything as Parrish reluctantly took Liam out of the chimera's grasp. They ran to Argent's car setting him gently in the back seat with Theo and Parrish. Mason, Corey, and Nolan followed behind them. They rushed into the hospital as Melissa instantly took Liam along with the few doctors to go do what they could for him.

Theo collapsed in a waiting room chair, still wiping tears off of his face. He looked down at his hands coated in Liam's blood. Liam sacrificed himself for the chimera.

"Thank you," Mason sat down beside him followed by Corey and Nolan. They all were shaken, tears staining everyone's face. "You saved my best friend's life."

Theo nodded, "I couldn't lose him."

"You love him," Corey nodded.

"I do," Theo sighed.

Derek, Argent, and Parrish walked over soon after they made sure Melissa had everything she needed.

"Is everyone else okay?" Argent looked at the four boys exhausted, all anxiously waiting.

"I think so," Nolan looked at the man.

"Theo, you did something I didn't even think was possible," Derek nodded, "I thought he was dead."

"You've definitely changed," Parrish smiled slightly.

"I guess," Theo nodded, not looking up.

They all took a seat, just waiting for an update on the boy.

It was a lot to take in. The kluddle was gone. Monroe was dead. Liam was barely holding onto his life much less the werewolf's new red eyes.

"So, Liam is an alpha now," Argent looked over to Theo, "he sacrificed himself for his pack."

"Pack?" Theo looked up at him.

"I think the McCall pack has a subsection now," Derek smiled looking at them.

"I think it does," Theo smiled. He had a pack now, a boyfriend he loved more than anything, the pack trusted him mostly, he saved a life instead of taking it. Things were looking up.