Chapter 19: Just a Dream

The days dragged on until Friday; Liam was getting worse. Theo and the pack were scared for his life, and if he could handle being the bait.

Theo woke up in a cold sweat, Tara's heart beating out of his chest.

"Theo?" Liam looked over at him in a panic.

Theo stared at him and quickly wrapped him in his arms.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Liam rubbed his back. He could have sworn he felt tears on his shoulder where Theo's face was laying.

Theo sighed and stared at him, finally calming down, "remember that dream that brought me here."

Liam nodded, hearing Theo's voice shake.

"I had it again; you were killed on the lacrosse field tonight. We can't do this, Liam."

"We have to; it was just a dream."

"It felt real. I don't think it's safe."

"I trust you to protect me," Liam smiled.

"I love you. I can't lose you."

"And you won't because I'm not leaving."

Theo looked at the beta as he stood up, watching him waiver on his feet. They got dressed and headed upstairs. Nolan, Mason, and Corey were ready, not saying a word. None of them looked like they slept any better than the couple. Mason's mom made them breakfast; Liam ignored it like usual. No one felt like pressuring him into eating today.

"Are you coming home after school before the game?" Grace looked at them.

"No, we have to do something at the school," Theo answered the woman.

"Maybe, I'll come tonight."

"Mom, please do me a favor and don't," Mason pleaded.

"I don't know what you guys are doing, but please be careful."

"We will be," Liam muttered,

School was useless, not one of them was paying attention. Coach looked at them as they walked into his class.

"Dunbar, you better wake the hell up for tonight!" Coach stared at him.

"I'm awake," Liam murmured.

"You look like you are about ready to pass out and never wake up."

"Probably," Liam whispered.

After school, Derek, Argent, Parrish, and Noah met them in the parking lot. Theo looked at the lights; Argent was right. He had four large lights. It had to be enough.

"You guys realize if we decide to do this, people might die," Argent looked at them.

"More people are going to die if we don't," Liam stared at him.

"Okay, let's go over this," Derek started. "The lacrosse game begins at seven; we predict the kluddle will show up, soon after the game starts in account for all the noise. It will come somewhere towards the field. Corey, Mason, and Nolan, I'm giving you these lights if you spot the kluddle flash it. Liam if you see one of them flash it, or see it yourself, you howl. The kluddle should be attracted to that, then you run for your life as fast as you can. Don't look back; we will protect you. Parrish will be standing by the entrance, once he hears you he will burst into flames. The kluddle will be drawn away from you and go towards him. Argent and I will be ready in the gym. Theo is going to close the doors from the outside and ensure nothing comes out. Noah will have the police escort the crowd out, ensuring no one gets in the way."

"Everyone understand?" Argent looked at them.
They all nodded as some of the lacrosse members came pulling into the parking lot.

"Good luck," Argent nodded at Liam as the three lacrosse players turned to go to the school. Mason hugged Corey as he taped the light to the end of his lacrosse stick for him to have in the goal. Nolan nodded as Parrish told him what to do while standing on the sidelines. Theo looked at Liam, panic in his eyes.

"I love you," Theo whispered as he wrapped his arms around the small beta.

"I love you, too," Liam held on, not wanting to let go. He had to do this; he had to save the town. The kluddle killed his parents; it was it's time now.