Chapter 1: Someone's Back

"Liam!" Dr.Geyer called from downstairs, "someone is here to see you."

Liam listened to the heartbeat downstairs; he knew it quite well. It couldn't be though, he thought to himself.

"He's been under the weather lately," Dr.Geyer looked at him, "it might take him a moment."

"Under the weather?" Theo questioned; werewolves couldn't get sick he knew that.

"His mother has been in a coma for a month," the man looked down at the ground.

"I didn't know that," Theo looked at the man, "I've been out of town for two months."

Liam walked down the stairs hearing every word; he hadn't told his stepdad he was a werewolf yet. It was eating him alive, but that wasn't all drawing at his heart. Ever since Scott, Lydia, Stiles, and Malia left, nothing good happened. They thought since they got rid of the hunters everything was fine, but it wasn't. It started with rouge banshee going against the humans, people died. Liam, Nolan, Mason, and Corey with the help of Argent, the sheriff, and Parrish stopped her, but not before she set a bomb off at the lacrosse game, killing over twenty people. Then, the wendigo attack, leading to ten kills for one night, before Liam managed to track him down and kill him. It was Liam's first kill; it destroyed him. His eyes were still yellow since he wasn't innocent by any means but still, Liam wasn't made out to be a killer. Liam still could feel his blood on his hands, no matter how many times Mason, Corey, and Nolan assured him it wasn't his fault. It had only been two months since Scott left, but so much has already dragged him down. Scott trusted him to train Alec, but he failed. The boy got attacked by hunters, and Scott decided to move him out with him at school. Hunters came in and out of Beacon Hills; they were always prepared to fight. His mother and he were coming home from a lacrosse game one day; when hunters attacked their car. Liam defended them, but she received a blow to the head, leaving her in a comatose state for the past month. Liam couldn't care about anything. School was a nuisance; he started just going through the motions in lacrosse. He spends all evening tracking in the woods, looking out for anything that would mean danger for Beacon Hills. His grades were failing; at this point, colleges were only accepting him for lacrosse. He didn't even know if he wanted to go to college. He took over Scott's job, but he knew it wasn't for him. Mason, Corey, and Nolan tried to keep his spirits up, but most of the time he ignored them. He stopped telling them anything that they didn't need to know. He stopped being a kid; his only purpose was to defend. Every day, he woke up expecting to fight that was it, not for himself, but for everyone else.

"Hey, Liam," Theo looked at him at the door. Theo looked over the boy; he looked exhausted. The bags under his eyes were prominent; he had an unusual disheveled look about him. He looked smaller than Theo had seen him last, cheekbones sunken, collar bones protruding. He could sense the despair radiating off of him, anxiety mixed with anger and fear.

"What do you want?" Liam asked him, showing no emotion.

"To talk to you," Theo looked at him, "c'mon, let's go drive," he grabbed the beta's hand. He noticed Liam flinch as Theo took no effort pulling him out the door.

"Where have you been?" Liam asked looking out the truck window.

"Tracking the hunters," Theo told him.

"You really?"

"Someone taught me I can do some good," Theo smiled at him.

"Let me guess; she's coming back," Liam looked at him.

Theo nodded reluctantly.

"I figured, why else would you show up," Liam mumbled.

"That's not just why I came back; I came back to help you."

"Theo, you know Scott forgave you at this point."

"I came back for you, not Scott."

"Well, I'm not going to be much use for you."

"Liam, you aren't getting what I am saying. I don't want to use you; I want to be with you. Part of your pack for your benefit, not mine."

Liam was taken off guard, "what?"

"I want to help you, Mason, Corey, Nolan; I overheard Beacon Hills wasn't having the greatest time. I owe this to you."

"I guess we could use your help if the hunters are back."

Liam didn't show it, but he was glad Theo was back. For some reason, he felt comfortable with the chimera. They worked well together; he was always grounded by him. He needed someone to lean on at this point as much as he wouldn't admit it.