Chapter 1: Love Or Just another Fling

Maple Clan, the host to the LAN Qiren, has a strong spiritual presence. This is reflected in its Temples and Monasteries, as well as its vibrant Chinese Lantern Festival.

"Venturing out at night is prohibited, Causing noise is prohibited, Sneering for no reason is prohibited, Sitting improperly is prohibited, Eating more than three bowls is prohibited, Arrogance is forbidden....." disciples were reciting the 3000 rules of Maple Clan amid all this a voice is heard "Can I, please enter?". 

The entire class stopped, and everybody's focus shifted to "Xue Yang," Being late the nth time, "Xiao Xingchen" refuses him to enter and gives him punishment to re-write the rules 3000 times, making him feel more awkward in front of the disciples. The disciples made fun of him as a leader's son; he was still nothing like his father.

In the Library, Xiao Xingchen kept a check on Xue Yang to make sure that he completes his punishment. While Xiao Xingchen was busy with his books, Xue Yang always bugged him by asking irrelevant questions. Xiao Xingchen being well versed with patience, tactically replied to him. 

Xue Yang wanted to teach Xiao Xingchen a lesson for making him feel low in front of everybody. Xue Yang was well known among the ladies of the "leisure house."

He asked "Mo Lini," a famous girl of the "leisure house" to serve Xiao Xingchen

He asked "Mo Lini," a famous girl of the "leisure house" to serve Xiao Xingchen. She was offered a lot of pearls for this. 

At Night, after the classes were over and everybody was back in their room. Xiao Xingchen also went back to his place, removed his clothes(he was still wearing the pants), and as soon as he entered the bath, he saw "Mo Lini" already waiting for him there. Xiao Xingchen froze there in anger. As soon as the lady was about to pull Xiao Xingchen for a bath, an insect fell on her, and she screamed, making her presence known by everybody else in the Pavilion.

All the disciples and other masters rushed to Xiao Xingchen's room, dashed the door to make sure if everything was ok and to which they were startled to see a woman grabbing Xiao Xingchen (in fear). This created an awkward silence in the room, making Xiao Xingchen embarrassed. 

Xue Yang was enjoying all this as he zinged him right back and ingeniously took his revenge. 

The next morning, Xiao Xingchen was removed from his title as a "Master" and was ordered to stay as a housekeeper in the King's (Clan Leader) Palace for a month.

 Xue Yang got kind of cankered, empty feeling on seeing all this. He had not expected that the joke would turn out such a big deal for Xiao Xingchen. He repented for his misdeed. He wanted to confess, but Xiao Xingchen already acknowledged his fault, so it was no use going back.

Even though Xue Yang had a new master, he missed Xiao Xingchen's tactic replies and how he used bug Xiao Xingchen and soon realized that he might have fallen for Xiao Xingchen. He wanted to confirm that these feelings are really "love" or just another "fling."  

After many sleepless nights, Xue Yang decided to check on Xiao Xingchen, so he went to the palace. He entered the castle where his mother welcomed him and his father hiding his happiness behind his angry face. 

His father was about to scold him but was stopped by his mother. "Let's have dinner, my son," his mother said. "Ok... " Xue Yang replied, but his eyes were wistful, searching for somebody he wanted to see so severely. 

"Dinner is ready " Xiao Xingchen kowtowed them and was surprised to see Xue Yang. Xiao Xingchen had no knowledge of Xue Yang being the reason for his punishment. It filled Xue Yang filled with guilt on seeing Xiao Xingchen like this. He wanted to confess his misdeed but could not muster up the courage to speak. 

When everybody went back to their room, Xue Yang mustered up the courage, went to his place, and confessed his guilt. Xiao Xingchen being warm-hearted forgives Xue Yang and asked him to sleep without worries as he is not angry with him.

"I have another thing to confess," Xue Yang said reluctantly. 

"Say it! There is nothing to be felt ashamed of". 

Xue Yang, all red-faced said, "I want you" as soon as his confession was over, the door banged open to everyone's surprise; they were Xue Yang's friends who had come to give him a surprise but in return were surprised themselves. 

"What?.... Xue Yang??.... Are you serious??..." Xue Yang's friend Jiang asked. After gathering so much courage and finally confessing his love, he never imagined being caught in this awkward situation. He somehow handled the situation and told them that it was a joke and bugged Xiao Xingchen. 

When they were leaving, Xue Yang sneakily grabbed Xiao Xingchen's waist and faced so close that they could feel each other's breath and moved his lips away from his face towards the ears and whispered, "It was not a joke." 

He leaned towards Xiao Xingchen as if he was about to kiss, but teased him and left

He leaned towards Xiao Xingchen as if he was about to kiss, but teased him and left. Xiao Xingchen blushed and froze in shock, but then later came to his senses and thought of discussing this matter in the morning. Xiao Xingchen went to bed and slept. 

While sleeping, Xue Yang managed to sneak into his room and saw him sleeping on the bed. He jumped on him and started admiring his beauty; he leaned to kiss Xiao Xingchen, but Xiao Xingchen opened his eyes and was about to scream, but Xue Yang stopped him from calling by kissing him. 

Xingchen's scream was turning into a moan as Xue Yang kissed him deeply, pressing both his hands on the bed.

" It's Paining!!" Xiao Xingchen managed to say while Xue Yang was forcefully kissing him. Xue Yang loosened his grip, and both of them kept staring at each other. Xiao Xingchen pushed Xue Yang and slapped him. 

"Go back to your room," Xingchen said, suppressing his anger.  Xue Yang gave him a flirty smile and left.