Chapter 8: The Bloody Battle

The next morning,

Xingchen's eyes opened, and he was glad to see Xue Yang just next to him sleeping like an angry baby, brow still furred. He stood up and covered him with the blanket, and went to the bath.

Xue Yang woke up, but as soon as he saw Xingchen coming out of the bath, all fresh, he pretended to be asleep. 

"Xue Yang, wake up; it's late!!" Not getting any response, he went close to him to pull off his blanket.

Xue Yang pulled Xingchen towards him and kissed him. They both have waited for this moment. Xingchen was kissing Xue Yang, but suddenly there was a knock on the door.

Xue Yang's mother had asked them to come for breakfast.

Both of them looked at each other while still in the middle of kissing and laughed. Xue Yang pulled his towel and went towards the bath, whereas Xinchen cleaned his clothes as Xue Yang pulled him and soiled his clothes. 

While he was setting his clothes, Xue Yang laughed at him and immediately pulled him and onto the bed again and started kissing him until Xingchen bite his lips to stop him from Kissing.

"Ouch!! Xingchen, what was that for?"

"To stop you," Xue Yang was about to reply, but Xingchen bashed out of the room immediately before Xue Yang could again catch him. Xue Yang laughed and went to freshen up.

** In the Dining Hall **

Xingchen kowtowed the King and the Queen.

King was happy to see Xingchen after so many days. They had a long talk about the matter of Maple Clan while the servants were serving them food, Xue Yang came and sat next to Xingchen.

While they were eating Xue, Yang sneakily grabbed Xingchen's hand. Xingchen turned red. He was feeling shy to be touched like this and that too in front of the King.

"Have some rice?" The Queen said, insisting Xingchen eat more.

Xingchen tried to loosen his hand from Xue Yang's grip even though Xue Yang was younger than Xingchen, but his physique was much more muscular than Xingchen, so he had to bear the lovable grip silently.

"No. Thank you!" smiled Xingchen and continued eating whatever was on the plate.

King told them that Ni Min Ju has started planning against all the clans. He attacked one of the villages under our Kingdom. Even though we have no evidence, but I am sure it must be Ni Min Ju. Everybody knows that he has been practicing black magic to become more powerful.

Xue Yang loosened the grip and immediately realized that he had almost forgotten about the King.

"Minister from Birch Clan, Chang Min is here," servant kowtowed and informed the King. 

Xingchen and Xue Yang looked at each other in shock. Xue Yang gestured Xingchen to hide and held his sword to be ready in case of any emergency. King left the dining room and went to meet Chang Min.

Chang Min stood in the middle with the soldiers around him. 

He kowtowed the king and said, "I am Ni Min Ju's Minster, I was ordered by the king(Ni Min Ju) to look after Xingchen while he was away for battle, but I got to know that Xingchen is here and our King has ordered us to bring Xingchen back to the Palace."

"Xingchen? But why? asked Xue Yang's father.

"King wishes to marry Xingchen," replied Chang Min.

"Is Xingchen ready for this?" 

"As long as our King wants him, this does not matter."

The King of Maple Clan paused for a moment.

Xingchen was about to come out to surrender himself, but Xue Yang held his hand and pulled him back. King of Maple Clan said, "Xingchen is a citizen of Maple Clan so I cannot allow that. Please go back and tell your King Not to bother sending his ministers here for Xingchen."

Chang Min tried every hook and crook way to convince the King, but unable to do so, he ordered his soldiers to attack. The Maple Clan Soldiers were also ready for the battle. 

The bloody battle started. Xue Yang and his mother pulled out the sword and jumped to fight and started attacking the Birch Clan soldiers. Chang Min, with his spiritual power, attacked the King. The King also battled with his full strength, but a soldier stabbed him from the back, and thus as soon as the King's attention diverted, Chang Min attacked him and killed him.

Xue Yang's mother immediately ordered Xue Yang to take Xingchen away without wasting any more time.

Xue Yang kept fighting while tears were coursing down his cheeks. She yelled and, with the spiritual rope tied both of them and threw them out of the palace, and as soon as she did this, A soldier backstabbed her, and she died at the spot. 

Xue Yang screamed in despair while he was still tied to the spiritual rope

Xue Yang screamed in despair while he was still tied to the spiritual rope. Xingchen kept quiet in shock.

***** They landed in the Maple Pavilion ********

Grandmaster rushed outside and saw Xingchen and Xue Yang tied to the spiritual rope. He used his magic to free them. With tears and anger in his eyes, Xue Yang told him everything and vowed to kill Ni Min Ju.

Xingchen, with guilty eyes, looked at Xue Yang in hopelessness. The Grandmaster called all the disciples to prepare them to fight against the soldiers of Birch Clan as he knew that the soldiers would surely come to Maple Pavilion in search of Xingchen.

Xingchen treated Xue Yang's wounds while Xue Yang kept quiet whilst tears kept coursing down his cheeks. All broken from inside on seeing Xue Yang like this and him being the reason for all this chaos. He gave sleeping medicine to Xue Yang, and in no time, Xue Yang fell asleep.

He then went to the underground library to search for anything that could prevent chaos. After hours of searching the old books, he finally found a solution to the problem.

" It's the poison!!" exclaimed Xingchen and kept reading. 

"If hybrid drinks the magical poison made from his hair, then the blood gets poisoned. Drinking that blood on a full moon night can be fatal, resulting in the death of the person who drinks that blood."

Xingchen rushed to the kitchen, holding strands of his hair, cutting his finger with a knife, and mixed them into the boiling water. He poured the content into a wooden bottle. 

Suddenly, he could hear the soldiers marching. "Xingchen come outside, and we will spare everybody lives here," yelled Chang Min.

The Grandmaster and the disciples stood in front of the soldiers with Swords ready to fight. The Grandmaster said calmly, "Please step out of the Maple Clan, and we will forgive you."

"You are inviting your death," replied Chang Min. Both parties were about to start the sword fight. 

"Please Stop!!" Xingchen yelled, "I am ready to go," Xingchen added.

"Xingchen!!" Grandmaster was about to convince him, but Xingchen interrupted, saying, "I cannot bear any more losses because of me; I will be happy serving Ni Min Ju rather than these bloody battles."

He Kowtowed and left with the Birch Clan soldiers hiding the wooden bottle of poison.