Chapter 2

"Good Morning!!" disciples kowtowed Xiao Xingchen, who had returned to the pavilion.

** Xue Yang had already confessed that he did all that to frame Xiao Xingchen**

In the pavilion, Xiao Xingchen noticed Xue Yang. He felt terrible about slapping him, but that was the right thing to stop him from expecting anything else. He sighed and continued what he was doing.

Xue Yang always used to flirt with Xingchen. Xingchen had tried all ways, but he could not avoid Xue Yang. Xue Yang jumped into his room one night and gave him a back hug while looking into the sky through his window.

"What are you doing? Leave me!! " said Xingchen in an irritating way. He turned around and saw Xue Yang smiling at him while he was holding his waist.

He lovely teased and was about to Kiss Xingchen, but he stopped him with a fan holding in his hand.

"I cannot be with you. I already told you, so please stop doing this." Xingchen tried to convince Xue Yang, but Xue Yang, being stubborn, said, "I won't. I will always bug you because I love you."

He pulled Xingchen from his waist closer to him and said, looking into his eyes, "I will always stay by your side and love you no matter what. I want you to marry me and bear my child."

They both stood just like that the whole time. Xingchen turned red from the shyness and said in a cold tone, "That was gross" and looked away from him.

Xue Yang pushed him against the wall and whispered playfully, "I can be grosser than that!!". All of a sudden gave him a love bite on his neck and jumped out of the window. Xingchen stood there in shock.

**** The Next Morning ****

"What's that on your neck Xingchen," asked the fellow master's. Xue Yang was standing nearby, overhearing the communication, and laughing inside.

Covering the awkwardness, he said, "It was an insect last night" in a taunting way to Xue Yang indirectly.

*** Lantern Festival ***

Houses are adorned with colorful lanterns with riddles written on them; if the riddle is answered correctly, the solver earns a small gift. Festival celebrations also included lion and dragon dances, parades, and fireworks. The hawkers were selling Yuanxiao. On the other hand, Xiao Xingchen is in his room, recollecting memories of his mother. Every New Year, he sat like this, missing his mother without being noticed by anyone. He removed the locket which he was wearing and remembered some of the painful memories of his childhood.

**In The Flashback,

"This locket will always protect you, keep this locket by your side, and don't forget that mother loves you no matter what!! Runaway now!!" His mother said with a scared expression on her face, her hands and legs bruised from running through the grass. "No!! Mother. I don't want to leave," Xiao Xingchen said, tears coursing down his cheeks, and also bruised his face from the grass

"There they are, catch them," shouted the soldiers.

His mother pushed him to the other side and ran towards the other side to grab the soldiers' attention.

"Xiao Xingchen" stayed there sobbing as he could no longer hear his mother's footsteps" ****

He was only 10 yrs; he vividly remembers some scenes but didn't know who that King was and why he wanted to capture him. A tear rolled down through his eyes while his mind was playing painful memories. He wiped his tears, kept the locket on the bed, and removed his clothes. Wrapped towel around him and was about to close the door, Xue Yang stopped him from closing the door and entered the room carrying around the smell of alcohol.

"Xue, Yang!! You are smelling alcohol. Did you forget that Alcohol is prohibited in the pavilion, and What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for the right opportunity."

Xiao Xingchen noticed that there is no one in the pavilion.

Xue Yang closed the door behind him and hugged him tightly.

"I just want to stay like this for a minute," he said and fell asleep.

"Xue Yang!!" Xiao Xingchen called him but only to notice he was asleep so he helped him to the bed.

In the Middle of the night Xue Yang woke up and found Xingchen sleeping on the floor.

He carried him in his arms and made him sleep on the bed.

Xingchen peeked: his one eye open to see what Xue Yang was doing but he saw him sleeping on the floor.

He noticed that Xue Yang could not sleep and was just changing sides so he got up rubbing his eyes and asked," Xue Yang are you still asleep?"

"hmm" Xue Yang hummed.

"Is there anything you wanna talk about?"

Xue Yang just kept staring at him and replied, " no nothing!! you can go back to sleep,"

"Ok" Xingchen replied and slept facing Xue Yang.

"Just wanna look and capture your face in my mind," Xue Yang thought and smiled.

The Next Morning Xue Yang woke up early as he was supposed to start practicing Night Hunt as he was the heir of the maple clan.

Many people were killed in the Night hunt only the strong one could survive so Xue Yang looked at Xingchen one last time and left.