Chapter 13: The Marriage Proposal

The days passed by, Xue Yang and Xingchen were so much occupied with the clan matter's that they barely had enough to spend some time alone. Xingchen had to resolve the villager's issue regarding food as Birch Clan was now under Maple Clan while also keeping a check on the other officials. At the same time, Ju Yi accompanied Xue Yang to visit the other clan leaders regarding official matters.

Xue Yang used to plan meetings with all the minister's once a month.One of the ministers presented an offer to marry one of the Clan leader's daughters, which can benefit the Kingdom.

Xue Yang refused the offer and asked for some other suggestions. After the meeting was over, Ju Yi suggested Xue Yang that he should think of marrying one of the daughters or marry Xingchen before other members also raise their concern.

"About the Heir," Ju Yi continued reluctantly while Xue Yang turned red.

"Xingchen's spiritual power is sufficient for him to bear a child." 

Xue Yang kept quiet and went inside the room with a face drowned in deep thought.

After a profound thought, Xue Yang decided to ask Xingchen to marry him.

He called out for a servant and asked him to arrange a flower bouquet and the most expensive ring in the town.

After an hour, the Servant was there with a bouquet of roses and a diamond ring.

He asked him to keep them in Xingchen's room. 

How will I say to him that I want to marry him? Xue Yang ran to the study room and wrote, "Will you marry me?" on a paper and went to Xingchen's room to keep the note with the other things before Xingchen reaches his room.

Xue Yang sighed and kept the note on the bed with other things. 

He heard the sound of the door opening. He turned around and saw Xingchen entering the room. Xue Yang immediately picked up the note.

"Xue Yang, what are you doing here?"

Xingchen suddenly noticed a roses bouquet on the bed and walked excitedly to pick the roses, but he also saw the ring nearby.

"Xue Yang, they are beautiful," Xingchen said with a wide smile on his face.

The note which Xue Yang was hiding fell on the floor.

Xingchen picked the note and slurred unaware that it might be a proposal, "Will you marry me?"

Xingchen turned red just like the roses while Xue Yang stood there silent, looking here and there.

"Xue Yang, I think you are not well" Xingchen checked his head for fever.

"No, No!! I am ok."

"Then?"

After a long awkward silence,

"Will you marry me, Xingchen?"

Xingchen was out of words, so he just nodded with a shyness that surprised Xue Yang instantly. 

"It's good that you both finally came to a final decision," Ju Yi said while entering the room as the door was open.

Xingchen was so shy that he immediately went inside the washroom and closed the door behind him.

Xue Yang hid his shyness and, with full confidence, said, "Yes!! We will be marrying. Xingchen has accepted my proposal."

"I will prepare for the wedding then."

Xue Yang nodded, and both of them went back to their room.

After some time, Xingchen came out of the washroom holding the roses in his hands and wore the ring. He was excited to start a new journey with Xue Yang.