Chapter 4: The Haunting Past

Bloodsucking humans were the result of a spiritual ritual carried out secretly under Huan Ju's command for increasing the power of his army to conquer other clans. Still, things stabbed back when they went out of control, and Huan Ju ordered to kill them so that they don't reach the town and hurt his people diverting other clan leader's attention to him.

Feng Jiyang was the last surviving member of that group(Nobody in the clan knows that). You Ziyuan, not knowing he was the vampire, saved him from being killed, and later, they fell in love and got married. Feng Jiyang was well versed with human beings; he could survive on food and had a strong power to control his thirst for blood.

****** Lantern Festival******

Song Ji Yang, who is now ten years old, walked through the streets, dazzling at the toys while holding the hands of his mother."Mother!! I want this," Song Ji Yang pleaded. They started to choose one of the toys and bargained with the shopkeeper.

Tai Sun was looking into the items and suddenly saw Feng Jiyang with his wife and children. He cryptically followed them because, as per his knowledge Feng Jiyang should have been long dead, but here he was healthy and alive.

He confirmed the same and went to Huan Ju and told him that Feng Jiyang is alive and has a child named Song Ji Yang, a vampire hybrid.

He also added that drinking Song Ji Yang, blood can make him powerful enough to be at the top of the world. With a devilish grin on the face, Huan Ju ordered the soldiers to bring that child to him at any cost and added, "Kill whoever comes in the way."

Huan Ju rewarded Tai Sun with gold coins and told him not to disclose it to anybody else in the palace.

Tai Sun kowtowed and left.

"Where are you taking my son? Leave him at once, or else it will not be suitable for both of you, " Feng Jiyang said in a menacing tone.

"It's The King's Order!! Stay away, or you will be killed".

Soldiers threw him on the ground and started walking.

Feng Jiyang's eyes turned red in anger, and attacked the two soldiers. 

"Runaway!!!" Feng Jiyang yelled at Yu Ziyuan.

She was too shocked to register what to do next on seeing the scary face of his husband; she now knew who his husband was.

She was getting a hold of herself when she heard more soldiers heading towards their house; in no time, she carried Song Ji Yang and ran away from the back door and into the thick forest.

The forest was primordial. Centuries-old trees with sprawling limbs guarded the darkness, blotting out any sunlight. Their bark was mottled and splotched as if the bubbled soup had been frozen in time on its surface. You Ziyuan and Song Ji Yang hid behind the grass with soldiers searching for them everywhere in the forest.

They could hear the footsteps and yell of the soldiers around them. You Ziyuan gave Song Ji Yang her green necklace and told him to stay here until anybody came for help and ran into the thick forest to divert the soldiers' attention chasing them.

The soldiers chased her and tried to catch her, but she fell into the river before the soldiers could get hold of her."You could not bring the kid!" Huan Ju yelled at them and solicited them to bring Feng Jiyang.

Feng Jiyang is all wounded with the marks of the sword and blood dripping on the floor from his body." Where is Song Ji Yang?" he asked Feng Jiyang while he threatened him to kill with a sword in his hand while they tied him to the chair.

What is that you want from Song Ji Yang? Why do you want my child? He has nothing to do with any of these Feng Jiyang asked him.

"Because Song Ji Yang is a hybrid. His Blood can make King stronger and more powerful." Tai Sun cutting the conversation midway. 

Feng Jiyang was startled to hear all this.

The King wants to drink his blood... Just a little bit." Tai Sun said in an evil tone.

"You will never get him" Feng Jiyang jumped with all his remaining power and stabbed Tai Sun with an exile, he was about to stab Huan Ju, but Huan Ju was too powerful for him to be handled.

A fight between Huan Ju and Feng Jiyang was for quite a long time. The whole place was turned upside down by the intense power of the two of them. Feng Jiyang got injured as a vampire is susceptible to spiritual power. It leaves a burning effect on their body and thus making them weaker. 

Soon after the bloody fight Feng Jiyang fell to the ground and died with a bloody stagger in his hand, whereas Huan Ju fainted.

Soldiers came rushing to take Huan Ju to the palace. Huan Ju was struggling to breathe; he called his 10 yr old son- Ni Min Ju and said

"You have to become more powerful and defeat other clans. Find Song Ji Yang, he is a hybrid and has a cross mark on his waist, which will become bright on a full moon night when the sky is dark and evil aura is at it's the highest peak. Drink his blood then, and you will be the strongest of all. Fulfill my dream and rise above the rest."

Ni Min Ju, with tears coursing down his cheeks, said, "Don't worry, father, I will do it. I will make you proud..."

The King silenced once and for all. Ni Min Ju stood next to him with tears in his eyes, and a determined face said, " I will find Song Ji Yang, drink his blood and then kill him for being the reason for his father's death.

In the Forest, 

Song Ji Yang kept sobbing. The Grandmaster of the Maple Clan passed by; he heard a child crying, unsure where the voice was coming. He ordered his disciples to look for the source. There they saw a child with a green locket in his hand, clothes torn, face bruised, and bleeding.

It seemed as if he was running from somebody. The disciples asked the child about his parents, but as soon as he touched Song Ji Yang, he fainted, and before he could hit the ground, one of the disciples got a hold of him, and Grandmaster said, "Let's take him to the Maple Clan as it seems somebody has abandoned him. "

The Next Day,

Song Ji Yang woke up and, with baby eyes, started looking around. The Grandmaster sat next to him and, in a soothing voice, asked.

"How are you, little child? What is your name? Where are your parents?" Song Ji Yang had lost his memory. Song Ji Yang kept quiet.

"It seems he has lost his memory," Grandmaster thought. He felt pity for that boy, so he let him stay in the Maple Clan, and soon, Song Ji Yang grew and became a master there. The Grandmaster of the Maple Clan gave him the name "Xiao Xingchen."

The Grandmaster of Birch Clan rescued Song Ji Yang's mother. She told him about his son, and every day, she used to go back to the same place every day in the hope of seeing Song Ji Yang but returned hopelessly. 

Soon, he heard about the death of the King and Feng Jiyang. She grieved, and Grandmaster took care of her in this challenging time, and soon, they both married,d and Ji Li was born.