Chapter 1

Alex's Pov:

It was fall in New York. You could hear taxis driving by,screaming,and the rustle of the aged leaves beneath your feet. But among all the chaos my mind was focused on one thing. Kings college, or the building in front of me to be exact. I don't know what I was honestly expecting but this wasn't the image I'd had in mind. Growing up in the Caribbean I never saw stuff like this, probably because I lived in a pretty run down neighbourhood. I realised I'd been staring at the building for 10 minutes and was pretty sure people thought I was creepy. My breath hitched and I felt the oxygen rip out of me, but I decided to walk in even though I was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

I approached the guy behind the desk, he looked kinda young to be working here. I'd say he looked 17 or 18, around my age to be honest. He had a shaved head and was wearing a dark purple hoodie he was playing on his phone so it took him a while to notice me." Oh shit sorry, can I help you?" He stuck out his and for me to shake"Aaron Burr, and you are?" I shook his hand "Alexander Hamilton, I'm a student," I croaked but I played it off as a sore throat. " Hamilton,..oh yeah," he paused, "Here's your schedule and your in room 1776 John Lauren's, and ooohh yikes Herc and Laf," I felt a churning in my stomach, "Should I be worried?" I asked failing to hide the panic in my voice. " No, no it's fine they're good guys. I just hope you brought soundproof headphones,"Aaron chuckled "Oh alright then, later" he smiled and I walked away awkwardly.

It could be me but that was probably the weirdest interaction I've ever had. Like, what should I have said to make me seem somewhat normal. Fuck I need to find the room. Let's see. The elevator made reached the level and I started counting the door numbers. 1770 ...what if they hate me and kick me out?1772... why am I thinking about this now? 1774... ok but like what if I make a really bad first impression 1776... if my brain could please shut the fuck up.

 I knocked on the heavy wooden door, I heard loud footsteps approaching the door. I was a little startled to see their huge muscular guy staring at me like he was about to rip my goddamn  head off. He was a little taller than me, I'm guessing 6'5 or 6'6(yes I'm making Alex tall fight me) Im around 6'5."I'm Alex Hamilton I'm one of your roommates." I felt like a mouse for some reason. But thankfully his hardened expression grew soft, " Yeah Burr told us about you, come in,"his voice was really deep like 3 octaves lower than mine. I walked in to see a guy sitting on the couch watching mean girls," I'm Hercules Mulligan ( I need no introduction) and that's my boyfriend Laf," "Nice to meet you" they didn't seem that bad so far. "John's in your guys room taking a nap," Laf smiled. He had huge curly hair that was tied up somewhat neatly, he was wearing a pink hoodie with the phrase,'Fuck me gently with a chainsaw, do I look like mother Teresa?" Iconic I must say. And just then a loud scream broke into my my thoughts, "FOUR FOR YOU GLEN COCO YOU GO GLEN COCO," I tried to hide my dying of laughter and it obviously didn't work cause I ended up bursting out laughing with Laf. Huh that feels weird to say. " Wanna watch?" He pointed to a seat next to him, "Yeah sure why not. I mean it's not like I have tons of stuff to unpack" I pointed to the bad slung over my shoulder. It only had a couple hoodies my computer and a few chargers with a bunch musical theatre posters. "That's all you have?" Laf questioned a little concerned, "Yeah i grew up pretty poor  so I never felt the need for material things."            "Ok that's it you need to go shopping with the scuhylers." "Uhh who are they?"                                "They're some of our friends from high school," Herc explained "They're coming over tonight If that's okay with you."  " No problem with me." I lied. I hate social interaction.i hate other life forms for fucks sake but I wasn't gonna mess this up with my mental illnesses. 

We sat there for a little while eating popcorn and watching mean