Chapter 16

Chapter 16

“Can-can I leave now please?” J sighed and let go of me as he undid my bounds, after I rubbed at my wrists I sat up with the help of my elbows, he looked so conflicted, his eyes no longer full of rage but instead with pain and fear, of what I didn’t know. I ran my hands through his hair, I’d been wanting to do that since I first saw him again I closed my eyes and let out a breath I didn’t even know I was holding. J closed his eyes as well without another second I got up and gently moved from under him, I whispered a silent sorry in my head as I hopped off the high bed. I remembered where my clothes were, and hopefully they were still there but in the end I didn’t want to risk it, I didn’t want to open the wardrobe to see Ivy’s things. I didn’t want to show J that I was so hurt inside, I didn’t want him to see me cry once I see Ivy’s clothes replacing mine. I didn’t want to show that I was vulnerable. My panties were in tatters on the floor so I ignored them instead I grabbed one of J’s dress shirts that was lying on the arm of the couch and slipped it on.

“I’m sorry, I’ll have it returned to you I promise, I’ll have it cleaned and everything. I’m sorry you had to see me like this, I promise you’ll never see me again…and I wont get in your way again…” I whispered the last bit before I burst into silent tears.

I limped towards the doorway, my limbs were sore from his rough treatment last night and my core wasn’t feeling so comfortable either, I held onto my stomach hoping the baby was okay. After what felt like miles my right hand just touched the tip of the golden door handle before I felt warmth from behind me and I stiffened when I felt him wrap himself around me and hug me from behind. J had his hand lying on my stomach, his head in the crook of my neck whispering a thousand I’m Sorry’s and that was it, the tears I had tried so hard to keep quiet burst out in streams of sobs. I literally choked on my own spit, trying to breathe from the overwhelming feeling, my teeth bit onto my bottom lip as I tried to contain myself but my feelings won’t have it, I held onto his arm and just sobbed. I cried so hard for the first time since I ran away from the Slater home. My small hands gripped onto his large ones as I needed to find support and his thumbs drew small circles trying to comfort me, my knees felt week and J caught me in time before they collapsed from underneath me. J slipped to the floor cradling me in his arms as I continued to sob, his face looked pained and frustrated. He mustn’t want to deal with this; with the last ounce of dignity I had I rubbed away the tears fiercely with and scrambled to get up. But getting up even proved to be difficult with his heavy arms still holding me, I needed to surprise him so that I could get him off guard and that I did. Like a flash I didn’t care how hurt I was I just couldn’t show him I was vulnerable or he would hurt me again, I didn’t want him to hurt my baby either. Even though J was the father I remembered J not liking kids. I ran towards the door and my hand latched onto the door handle but before I could fling it open J’s arm was keeping it shut tight. My hand instantly went to my stomach, I guess you could say it was motherly instinct and being three months pregnant those feelings have developed pretty well.

“Please don’t hurt it, I’ll do anything…Just please” Both my hands were clutching onto my stomach now, my eyes pleading him. I flinched when the back of his hand rubbed my cheek, erasing the tears.

“Harley baby, did I hurt you that much?” he spoke in such a sincere tone that I myself was shocked, my eyes turned wide and I tried to look for another escape.

“Why are you trying to hide our baby away from me? Why do you want to leave? I’m the father Harley!” I swallowed my spit before answering him.