CH 07

What if we don't live forever? People die and that can destroy us in an instant. The lost, the longing for what is gone. We are not ready to say goodbye but as hard as it's to grieve. We can be restored, we can rebuild and become a whole once again with the help of those who are around us, especially if they know their way to our hearts...

"Hmmm, so many pancakes! I love it!"

The dear CEO chuckles when she sees how fast the pile of pancakes starts to decrease. It doesn't matter how many times Lena has seen Kara devour a stack of pancakes in a matter of seconds; every time she gets surprised by it. It's really impressive how much food can get inside that mouth or, maybe it's the pregnancy. Lena wonders if Kara's big appetite it's due to the baby, but she couldn't be more wrong, Kara's a food lover by nature.

Pizza, burgers, hot dogs, pasta and mostly pot stickers it's the day-to-day of Kara's eating routine. Something that Lena wants to change because after reading so many books about pregnancy, she's sure that they need to add more green to Kara's diet. The question is just: how? Lena doesn't have the answer, but, she has a hint of who might have the answer to her dilemma.

"Lena?"

"Hi Sam. Can I come in?"

The dear CFO of L-Corp nods, she wasn't expecting to see Lena out of the office especially on a Sunday. Is Lena really going to ask her to work on something today? Sam really hopes not because she's supposed to have a day in the park with her child, Ruby and her new girlfriend. Sam was looking forward to finally introducing her new lover to Ruby, so she really hopes she will be able to do it today.

Lena notices how Sam is lost in her thoughts and she wonders if her presence is not welcome at all. Before the dear Luthor could walk away, Sam drags her to the living room to sit and talk.

"Lena, I don't know what brought you here. But, I'll not let you chicken out so easily..."

Lena chuckles, she nods and when Sam offers her something to drink, she declines. Now, Sam is worried, Lena refuses to drink a glass of wine, it's something huge! All kinds of alarm settle into Sam's head because when did Lena ever decline a glass of wine?!

"Lena, since when don't you drink?!"

"I drink! I'm just choosing not to do it anymore!"

"Why?"

Lena shrugs, not wanting to answer, but, Sam has a little kid who's a little shy, so, she's becoming an expert on reading people who refuse to talk...

"OMG! You're stopping drinking because of someone! Am I right?!"

The CEO blushes, she pouts like a kid who refuses to admit something, and, like a kid, she avoids to answer the question and looks Sam in the eyes.

"Lena Luthor, changing her bad habits for someone. Wow, this guy must be really something..."

"There's no guy, Sam!"

"Oh, then, it's a girl?"

Lena gasps of shock and crosses her arms with a cute pout on her lips. Sam chuckles. ' It's a girl ' it's what Sam thinks, but she will not push the dear Luthor to say more. Since the dear Luthor doesn't want to drink wine, Sam makes some tea for them. It doesn't take her too long to prepare the tea, but, when Sam comes back with the hot beverage, she notices how Lena is looking at the newspapers which are over the coffee table of the living room.

"Stop worrying about what is said in the tabloids. We all know that fake press is what sells the most."

"And, what if it's not fake...?"