CH 09

What if we don't live forever or long enough to feel like we really lived? What is life without really trying and doing all you ever wanted? Most people dream with power & money while few people like Kara dream with the greatest emotion in the world. The one that everyone talks about but just a few lucky ones have really the opportunity to feel it. Yeah, there's nothing Kara yearns for, more than love.

Love, a word so simple and yet so complicated. Kara has read about it in so many poems, in so many novels. She can recite the most beautiful verses about love, but those words feel empty when her heart has never really had a real glance of such patient and kind feeling as romantic love. Seeing it in movies, on tv; it's not the same as seeing it first-hand. And, Kara wonders if she will ever be able to feel it, to touch it, even if it's just for a fraction of a second.

But what this blonde overlooks it's that love is closer than what she thinks. Love is there, around her. Love is constantly looking after her. Always checking if she's okay. Always looking at her through the most beautiful green eyes that the world has ever seen.

"Lena, why are you staring at me so much? Did I get something between my teeth again?!"

The raven-haired woman didn't mean to stare too long, but she cannot look in another direction even when Kara tries to polish her teeth with her finger.

It's the most disgusting thing that the brunette has ever seen in her life and yet, she cannot stop looking at it. It must be love.

Yeah, love is in Kara's life even if she's not able to notice it. Because Lena loves her, she loves her as she has never loved anyone else in her entire life before.

Meeting was an act of fate but falling in love was a choice. A choice that Lena would make over and over without hesitation because she has never felt more complete, more strong and fragile at the same time. It's scary but also thrilling because she has always been curious to discover all the things the world has to offer, but love was never one of them.

Discovering what real love feels like, it was never part of the plan. Always driven by logic, Lena never dreamed neither long for love and yet, here she's. In love. How did that happen? Because in the matters of the heart, the raven-haired woman has always been like a closed book till the sunshine known as Kara Danvers waltzed its way in her home, in her heart.

The blonde arrived in her life, opening a new chapter in Lena's life. A chapter filled with color, joy, rainbows and the most corny selection of iconic movies. Yeah, Lena has already lost count on how many romantic comedies she has seen since Kara moved in. She has never seen as much TV as now, but, to be honest, her eyes linger more on Kara than on what is happening on the screen.

"Look, look! This is my favorite scene!"

Lena doesn't pay attention to what is happening on the monitor, she only has eyes for the happy smile which is forming in Kara's lips. How can a smile bring so much happiness to her heart? Lena wonders. And beyond finding the answer to her question, her brain focuses on the lips.

Oh, those lips. So pink, so tender, so soft. The idea of touching them, to melt in them, brings color to Lena's pale cheeks, so much color than for a second Kara wonders if she's getting sick.

"You're not getting a cold, right?"

Lena shakes her head, she doesn't think the raise of her temperature is due to any germ which might be in the air. It's because Kara is getting cozy, cuddling and leaning her head over Lena, completely unaware of what her touch is doing to the other woman.

A part of Lena is panicking, ready to run away as far as possible from the closeness, but another part of her brain is endorsing the closeness because it feels good, so damn good that Lena decides to bury her fears and insecurities in her tiny boxes so she can just focuses on how perfectly Kara's head fits against her shoulder. The perfect fit, Lena thinks, wondering too if the blonde would ever think the same?