CH 10

What if we don't live forever? What if you have just one chance to get it right in this life? We don't always get second chances, an opportunity to amend our mistakes and maybe that's why Alex is hesitating on what to do next.

How many times has she had this conversation in her mind? How many times has she dreamed with the day she would see her again? She, the little girl who was her bigger fan. She, the girl who followed her everywhere, looking at her with so much admiration and love. Just recalling those old days, a warm smile spreads all over Alex's face till a very scary Luthor sits in front of her.

If looks could kill, Alex is sure that she would be already on the other side by now. The only question is why?

"You don't like me..."

"No."

Lena shows no hesitation in admitting she's no fan of Alex. And Alex doesn't understand why she's getting this hostile welcome from her till the raven-haired woman decides to speak her mind.

"How dare you look for Kara now? You kicked her out! You put her in the streets when she was just a teen! And, now you're here?!"

The CEO angrily bares her teeth. She's losing her temper, she knows it but she cannot help it, especially when she recalls all the things that Kara has told her about the past...

"It's raining..."

Kara pouts when she looks through the window the storm that's happening outside. The blonde looks unhappy because today was supposed to be a day on the park, they even prepared a nice picnic to eat outside but thanks to the rain, that plan is gone, or at least that's what the blonde was thinking till she turned around and found Lena, moving the fournitures of the living room.

"What are you doing?"

Lena doesn't reply, she just moves the sofa and the coffee table so she can put some blankets and pillows in the middle of the room. The basket with the food comes next as well as the use of her new home theater she especially made for Kara. At the push of a button, all the shutters shut down, the entire place gets in the dark till the projection starts and somehow, they find themselves in the middle of a forest. The white walls are now green woods, slowly moving at the rhythm of the sweetly sing of the birds and 'Wow' is the only thing which escapes from Kara's mouth. The dear blonde is amazed about how real it looks. It's really amazing.

"I can even hear the birds..."

Kara closes her eyes and smiles, letting her senses be taken by the perfect scenario created for her. The sun, breaking through the canopy of the forest. A few birds flying around, swinging from branch to branch as they chirp the sweetest melody that Kara has ever heard. A melody she knows too well, a melody from...

"Midvale... OMG! This is the forest of Midvale!"

"Yes, you've mentioned how much you loved that forest so..."

"So, you brought it to me...?"

Lena nods, she smiles thinking she did a good choice of scenario for their picnic but she has second thoughts about her choice of set design when she sees tears appearing in Kara's eyes.

"Oh, God! You don't like it!"

Lena is ready to change the scenario but before she could touch her tablet and set the changes, Kara stops her. She asks her to leave it this way.It has been years since she left that place, she still sees it in her dreams but looking at it now, hearing the birds and their sweet song again, It's more than what she could ever wish for.