CH 13

What if we don't live forever? What do we do with the time we have? What do we do to make the most of our days on Earth? If you ask Lena right now what she does with her time, the answer is simple: Work.

"Miss. Luthor, the board arrived for the meeting"

"Good to know Jess. I'll need to travel to the South later today to finally close this deal I've with Andrea Rojas. Can you please make sure my jet is ready to fly when my meeting ends? Asks my driver to get my bags from my home, okay?"

Her assistant nods, they keep talking about work. Lena signs documents while she gives precise instructions on what to do while she's gone. Everything seems like always, like if she had just pushed a reset in her life and all this like it was before...

"Kara Danvers..."

"Huh?"

"Miss Danvers called again..."

Lena says nothing, she just waves her hand to Jess, asking her to leave her alone. Her assistant knows better than this that the name of Kara Danvers shouldn't be pronounced but she feels bad for the girl who's constantly trying to reach her boss.

"Miss. Luthor, maybe you could give her a call someday?"

"I've nothing to say to her, everything I had to say, I already said it..."

She knows it's not true, she knows they have plenty of things to discuss, but, just recalling their last conversation, Lena doesn't feel strong enough to deal with any emotion at all...

"What do you want to talk about, Lena?"

Kara was thinking that they could talk about how they feel after what was said during the dinner they had with their relatives. But, Lena is not the kind of person who likes to analyze what is happening in her head even less what is happening in her heart. And, that's why she requests Kara to leave the house.

"You want me to leave?"

Lena looks down at the coffee she just made, she cannot deal with the sad, puppy eyes the other woman is making right now. She needs to be rational concerning the decision she's making.

"I have other properties, you can move in whatever you like. Or, if you find another apartment of your like, I can pay for it. Whatever you decide, it will be fine for me..."

It's not fine, it's not fine at all to not see Kara everyday as she wakes up, but she shuts down those feelings as she starts to drink her coffee.

"And, what if I want to stay here, with you?"

Lena spit out her coffee over the kitchen table when she hears what Kara wants. She wants to smile because it makes her happy to see that she wants to be with her but, she refuses to believe that is an option at all.

"I'm sorry, Kara. But, living together is not possible anymore..."

"Why?! This is my home, Lena! You're my home!"

Lena wants to cry as Kara holds her from the collar of her blouse, looking at her in the eyes, begging her to let her stay at her side. And, God knows Lena would love to be able to do that, but she can't because...

"You're a constant reminder of all the bad things my family has done..."

"Lena..."

"I cannot look at you without feeling sick of who I am and where I come from..."

The blonde gulps hard, the last thing she wants it's to make Lena's life harder.