CH 14

"Kara..."

"Mhmmm..."

"Kara, wake up. Breakfast is served"

"One more minute, Lena..."

"I'm not Lena..."

The pregnant woman wildly opens her eyes when she realizes that once again she called Alex, Lena. Her sister doesn't take it badly, to be honest, she's just happy to have Kara in the house again.

"When you feel ready, there are pancakes for you on the table"

The blonde smiles, stretching over the bed under the thought of eating delicious pancakes. She gets ready to stand off the bed when she realizes that Alex is not going to have breakfast with her.

"Where are you going?"

"Sam and Ruby are finally arriving today. I promised them to see them at the train station"

Kara smiles when she sees how happy Alex looks when the name of Sam is mentioned. The idea of seeing Sam and Ruby makes her happy too, but, sad also because somehow, thinking about them, it makes her think about Lena. She left the city, trying to bring some peace to her mind. She wasn't sure if going back to Midvale was the best idea but when she stopped to live with Lena, she started to reconnect with the Danvers.

They say that when a door closes, another gets open. And, maybe that's what happened to her. Lena's door got closed to her, but the one of the Danvers got open again. Taking it as a sigh of fate, Kara decided to accept the proposition and live with the Danvers.

Kara was happy to be back, Eliza was thrilled with the idea of having her girl home again. From cookies to sweet pies and the most fluffy pancakes that Kara has ever tasted. Eliza was doing all that was possible to make her happy. And yes, sweet things make her happy, but no matter how many sweet things she could eat, she didn't feel completely happy.

"Kara, sweety. You're spacing out again and your pancakes will get cold..."

"Oh, yeah! Right!"

Eliza smiles when she sees her devouring the plate of pancakes but the old woman can't stop wondering why there's so much sadness in Kara's eyes.

"You've stopped calling at L-Corp..."

Kara nods, filling her mouth with food.

"You're giving up on talking with her?"

"I think it's clear that she doesn't want to have any contact with me. I should respect her wishes..."

"And, what about the baby?"

"She has made it very clear that she will provide me with everything we might need, so, it's gonna be okay..."

It's not okay, a child needs more than a comfortable life. He needs love, he needs parents watching over him. And, she would like to have a bigger talk with Kara about it, but she decides to drop it when she sees how sad Kara looks when the name of Lena is mentioned.

Without the CFO position at L-Corp. Alex proposed to Sam & Ruby to move to Midvale. Sam is not sure if it's a good idea but when Alex shows her a diamond ring, she realizes that Alex is being serious about her. And, somehow the ex CFO finds no reason to say no.

"Alex asked my help with the move. It's okay if I let you alone for a couple of hours?"

Kara nods, she can't believe that Alex quit her job in the city so she could stay close to her and Eliza. Following the family tradition, Alex became a doctor, that's how she met Sam. One day in the ER, there was an hysterical mother who was going to murder any intern if her daugther wouldn't be take care immediately and that was for Alex, love at first sight. All the personnel of the hospital found the brunette irrational and crazy while Alex couldn't stop thinking what dedicated mother she was.