Chapter 1: A Magical Place Called the Knee

"Hey Amity, give me your best shot!" I get ready for Amity's shot at me. She prepares herself to cast the spell. I signal Gus and Willow to trick Amity into thinking she hit. We duck from the spell Amity casts and it hits my illusion. She completely goes ballistic. She runs up to my illusion.

"Oh no what have I done? I should have never casted that spell. I wish I could've told her that I lo-" She turns back to see I'm fine, although I wish I she would've finished that sentence.

"I'm fine Amity. What were you going to say to my illusion?" She blushes, as always. I just don't get why. She doesn't speak or anything, but she just sits there, so awkwardly. "Anyways, get up Amity. We still have lots of training to do. I grab Amity's hand and we start training again.

"Willow, on your left!" I warn her of Amity's fireball. She ducks and I see the chance to turn it into an ice ball. I grab it, put the glyph on the fireball and throw it back at Amity. By the time it reaches her face, it's stone cold. She drops like a fly in a second. By the look of everyone's face, everyone felt that. At least she didn't sink into the snow. "Amity, are you ok?" I asked. She just laid there like a dead body.

"My nose. Is it jacked up?" She asks. We all look at Amity in a way that she understands that her nose is in fact, jacked up. We grab her hands and pick her up from the snowy ground. "I'm s-s-so cold." She aggressively shivers. I used the ice ball that hit Amity and switch it into a fireball. I put close to Amity and sit down.

"You guys just train. I'll sit here with Amity until she feels better." I intensify the heat of the fireball. Amity warms up a little and takes off her towel. "You good Amity?" She nods. "You still want the fireball or do you just want me to turn it off?" She breathes in.

"You c-can turn it off n-now." She turns on her win fireball. "G-go train Luz. I can j-just sit here and watch." I make sure Amity is ok before I go off and train again. We somehow end up making mischief instead of actually training. Gus uses his illusion magic to makes more of himself and Willow always manages to make flowers bloom in freezing temperatures. Makes training even more fun. We always have a laugh when one of us messes up badly.

Eda and Lilith come by to check up on us. All of us didn't realize that the sun was setting down. In the distance, Edric and Emira come as well. Probably for Amity. I doubt they'll train with us since they always get caught up on work from school. "Eda! Lilith! How are my favorite sisters doing?" They give out comforting smiles, which I love.

"I'm doing just fine kid. Me and Lilith just had a grudgby match, which I won obviously." Lilith gave out a little blush of embarrassment.  "Haha Edalyn. Very funny." Lilith's blush of embarrassment went away. Edric and Emira walked up behind Eda and Lilith and scared them to their cores.

"Wow, I thought that wouldn't work," Edric said. "Anyways, we're here for Mittens. You ready?" He calls out for Amity. "Also, why does she have like, ten towels wrapped around her?" I stared at Edric.

"It's a long story. But don't mind that. We should start packing." I grab my stuff and Owlbert when I hear a rustle in the forest. I set my stuff down and take a little peek. In the distance, I see some kind of figure. It looks like... a human?

"Luz, come on. It's getting late!" Eda yells out for me. I grab my stuff and follow them home. But I'm left wondering, what if there's another human here on the Boiling Isles? Then again, if there was, I would've saw them by now. But maybe, just maybe, I may not be alone after all.