Nobody Needs To Know

1 month ago

The morning sun gleamed in through the windows and Katya was pulled out of the clutches of sleep. She looked at the young, dark haired girl next to her, admiring the soft, bare skin on display.

"Hey baby... good morning. You look like an angel." Katya whispered to the girl. "I don't remember when we fell asleep, but we should get up, babe. Trixie is waiting..." She added.

Katya hated that she had to leave her, but she couldn't stay. Bitterly she got up from bed to get ready to travel to see Trixie. She knew she had to, she made a promise and she took a vow, but their story's ending had changed.
Katya just needed to lay low, hide her secrets in the darkest corners of the room. Nobody needed to know...

She got dressed, her clothes feeling like an armor as she prepared to leave for Ohio, the other girl following suit.
Katya felt as if she was headed back into battle, knowing what awaited her in Ohio would be far from pleasant. When there, she'd have to swear to Trixie that she was never with the dark haired girl, or any other woman, and Katya would just pray she'd get to hold the angel next to her again.

Their marriage was over, it was already done, but she knew Trixie couldn't see that. Trixie refused to see that.
So, she'd never understand...
They had built a treehouse that Katya had kept from shaking, the blue eyed girl adding more glue every time it broke. She'd kept it perfectly balanced, until she started making conscious, deliberate mistakes.

But all she had asked for was one little corner, one private room in the back of her heart that Trixie couldn't reach.
But if she told the brown eyed girl she'd found one, the girl would send out battalions, claim it and blow it apart. The truth is, they had both gripped harder and harder, but the more they held on, the faster they were sliding down.

And what could Katya do?

"Come back to bed, baby. Take me back inside you. I promise I won't lie to you..." Katya said as she returned to the bed, holding out her arms for the young girl who was getting dressed. The dark haired girl stepped back into her arms, sitting down on the bed as her tears streamed.

"Hold on, don't cry. I won't let you go, baby." Katya whispered, kissing the girl's neck. Her own panic receded. Everyone would bleed, but she would get what she longed for, and nobody needed to know anything more than necessary.

"And since I have to be in love with someone. Since I need to be in love with someone. Maybe I could be in love with someone... like you?" Katya told the young girl as they returned to bed.

She'd be late to Ohio, but she no longer cared. Nobody needed to know why.