Chapter One

Peppa watched as her and her best friend's feet swung back and forth over the dark and seemingly far away iced over water, Peppa knew it was closer than it seemed, she'd once experienced her little brother George fall into the water last June. How close ago those days had seemed, she had longed for it to be June once more, and not the cold, windy November it was.
Peppa looked at her friend with an upset expression. She had known for a while Suzy was going to move, for Peppa's mother had told her a few weeks ago. Suzy did not tell her untill a day ago- or was it last week? Ever since Peppa had found out, time was just a concept to her, she payed no attention to what day it was, or even how many days she had spent crying over the move Suzy was going through.
Suzy glanced to her, a grim expression on her face " I talked to mummy today. She told me where we were gonna move, Peppa, I asked her just like you asked. " Peppa looked up swiftly " Really, Suzy? Where is it? Where are you moving? " Peppa had spent all night up, she had been frightened to if Susie was moving really far away.

" Sheepslyvania. " Suzy spoke softly, repeating her mother's words. She could see Peppa's face drop, and knew Peppa's heart must've been deeply hurt by this response. " What? But- but Suzy! That's miles upon miles away " Peppa choked " There's no way you can move that far! It's just- not- right- or - fair! " She quickly grabbed Suzy's hands " Please. "
" I'm sorry Peppa! It's what my Mummy said. " Suzy shook her hands out of Peppa's roughly. " I'm sorry, I have to go, my Mum will be worried soon. " She quickly said, tears in her eyes as she stands up and begins to run away. " Suzy... " Peppa gasped as she watched Suzy run towards her current home.
'How could this happen to her? How could this happen to me? Why did Suzy have to move? '
Peppa's thoughts raced through her head as she collected her mittens and silently began to walk back to her own home.