11

Draco made his way towards Zella, a halo of light capturing her dark locks. He lost his footing, something he tried to avoid. Her eyes focused on her screen, only feeling his presence once he was parked right in front of her.

"Malfoy," she mumbled without even taking her eyes off the screen.

"May I have this dance?" he asked. he held out his hand, a slight tremor keeping it from staying still. She looked gorgeous, no one could deny that. Her hair was neatly half-pinned back and her makeup was light. Her dress,though maybe a little plain, suited her perfectly. It was an elegant mint green gown embroidered floral, branches and petals cascading down the skirt and metallic accents. Spaghetti straps and a lace-up back showing off her soft skin. She looked elegant, he couldn't take her eyes off her. Zella was quirky and awkward and sure she caught the eyes of many guys at Hogwarts, but boys her age were intimidated by girls who had their own thoughts and feelings.

Her eyes darted around, seeing everyone else out dancing. Her date at the punch bowl, chatting with fellow durmstrang boys. It was easy to see that she was not having a good time. Her date was nice but their was a major language barrier and even if that wasn't a problem, they had nothing in common.

With hesitation, she placed her small hand in his freezing cold one. He led her to the dance floor, all eyes on the two. It wasn't much of a surprise to see the two together but she had a reputation for being more reserved and he's, well, Draco Malfoy.

His hand rested on her waist, a shiver running down her spine. They spent plenty of time together, laughing and chatting in the library but something felt different. This didn't feel like a friendly exchange, this felt like the start of the future — whatever that held.

Draco spun her around, dipping her and making her smile uncontrollably. He couldn't help but admit how natural this felt, her small frame being held so close to him.

He leaned into her ear, "let's get out of here," and now, without hesitation, she followed him. They dashed out of the hall and to an unattended carriage.

The moment they sat in the carriage, his lips attached to hers. It was messy and awkward, they were young of course. His hands stayed glued to her hair as she didn't really know what to do with her hands. She's been kissed, of course but that was third year to an older Ravenclaw boy whom she fancied. She knew Draco was much more experienced than her but he respected her boundaries as she reminded his hands to stay as they were. Her hand hovered above his dress pants, considering taking a little further. Though it was a wrong thought to have and she was smarter than that, she thought maybe she would be more desirable if she did what the other girls did.

Before they could even pull apart, the carriage door flew open.