32

A/N: updating now because I'll be moving the next couple of days so I won't be updating until the weekend most likely. Sorry for the inconvenience but I've been waiting to get this place so I'm super excited. Enjoy the chapter!

Zella POV

Our sixth year was about to start. It didn't feel right to return to school with all that was going on. When we returned from our trip, Draco was persuaded back home by his mother. I haven't heard from him since. I left messages after messages, and nothing. I was worried sick. His father was a death eater, his aunt was the most loyal death eater of them all. I'm sure Draco was sat in the Dark Lord's presence.

Rosie, my little sister, would be starting school this year and if I'm being honest, I really didn't want her attending hogwarts during this time. War was sneaking up on us. My family was well aware of this, though being all slytherins, my father escaped being a death eater. It had been agreed that if things continued to worsen, Rosie, Jude, and I would be coming home immediately. We knew nothing of what was in store for the war and my family didn't speak too much of it, clearly siding against the Dark Lord. But my parents were too afraid to speak up against him. I think I was too.

————

Jude, Rosie, and I said our goodbyes to my parents as we boarded the train. I made sure Rosie was settled and told Jude to stay out of trouble before making my way to the fellow sixth year slytherins. My eyes connected with Draco's and my heart dropped. He looked pale but still slightly healthy. I'm sure if he kept up with whatever he's been doing, he wouldn't look healthy for long. He was seated across from Pansy and Blaise, two people I wanted nothing to do with. I made myself comfortable next to Daphne, across from Tracey and Millicent. It was evident that a lot of us matured over the summer, Daphne looking stunning as always.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of Draco. I couldn't let myself submit to him if he could ignore me all summer with no guilt or shame. But I couldn't deny it, my heart beat for that boy. I knew he had given up on me. So I was about to pop off.

————

Draco
Why are you looking at me like that?

Zella
why are you looking at Potter like that?

Draco
You see him too?

Zella
yeah he wasn't as discreet as he thinks he is

Zella
but why is he sneaking around you?

Draco
Who knows. He's a git

Zella
maybe so but I think he knows something others don't

Draco
What do you mean?
read 8:12pm

Draco
Zella