24

A/N: I don't plan on updating until Tuesday so I'll do a double update tonight. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! It's also my birthday, yay!

Everyone had returned to hogwarts. Draco and Zella hadn't talked about the night they spent together. Nothing really happened, they barely even kissed. In fact, only once at midnight as they welcomed the new year.

That night consisted of them laying in each other's arms, his fingers tracing her soft skin and burying his nose in her soft curls, taking in the scent of honey and sage.

They talked for hours about their families and childhood. Draco never told anyone of his life. No one really knew of Zella's either. She talked of her two little siblings— Jude who Draco already knew since he was only two years younger and sorted into Slytherin and Rosie who would be starting hogwarts next year. Draco spoke of eating tomato soup served by the house elves, his only friends growing up. Zella shared how she never felt like she belonged anywhere, explaining a lot of her personality. Draco even opened up and talked about his father being in Azkaban. They learned very quickly how different and the same they were.

So why wouldn't they even make eye contact? Why after a night of eating christmas cookies and playing board games, could they not even acknowledge each other's existence.

Well, Draco had his arm wrapped around Pansy's shoulder as they walked through the train station. Zella felt her heart crumble.

————

Draco:
You've heard, haven't you?

Zella:
it's the talk of the school

Draco:
He's a real arse

Zella:
he didn't lie, we did have sex

Draco:
But that's private. No one needed to know

Zella:
well everyone knows now so no point in stressing about it

Draco:
But you are stressing about it

Zella:
yep

Draco:
I'm sorry

Zella:
you're with pansy again so don't worry about it

Draco:
I know, that's why I'm extra sorry
read 9:40 pm

Draco:
I miss you an awful lot Zella May