Prologue

I barely remember when times were good.  It was such a short part of my life and so long ago.  Things were kind of good now.  I finally have friends and now it's all going to end.  Lets back up for those just joining us.  My name is Sang Sorenson.  I have one sister, Marie Sorenson who mostly ignores me.  We were close once along with our mother and father.  Then not long after I turned five our mother fell ill.  She began abusing the medication needed for her illness which changed her into a cruel and abusive person.  Not that I understood that was why.  I blamed her illness.  Our father then became distant and was never around.  Teachers noticed the bruises and must have reached out which means I was pulled from school.  I was homeschooled while Marie continued to go.  This is how I grew up never having friends.  My mother didn't want me corrupting her precious Marie and threatened me if I went near her.  That's how we became distant as I began ignoring my sister.

My senior year we moved from Illinois to Charleston, SC and I was finally going to be allowed to attend school again.  This was how I met my first group of friends.  Nine very different and very handsome boys.  We met the week before school was to start and summer would officially end.  They got me a phone when they realized I didn't have one.  I made sure they knew never to come over or call.  They quickly put together that I was being abused.  They wanted to get me out but I refused as I was the only one to take care of my mother.  So they programmed my phone to reach them immediately in an emergency.  That was failing me now.

I came home and found my mom in my room going through my backpack.  The boys at my school are disgusting and often pass me notes stating sexual things that I always throw away.  I forgot this one time and it would be the death of me.  My mother said it confirmed that I was the whore she knew me to be.  She dragged me to the shower, cuffed me to the shower head, and turned the shower on with the temperature full blast on heat.  I knew I was finally going to die at her hands.  I was so burned by the water and having trouble keeping my head down as I was becoming exhausted.  Who knew one could drown in a shower.  As I continued to weaken I felt something burst from me and suddenly my bathroom was crowded with people.  I couldn't make them out with the water running in my face.

"Bloody hell, where am I?" a British voice asked.

"I'm no longer daggered in that bloody coffin is all I care about.  I'm going to kill you brother." another British voice said.

"Help." I croaked out.

Ah yes, my one of my mother's tortures are lemon and vinegar juice that she forced me to drink before this began so my throat is quite burnt.  I assumed they wouldn't hear me but I didn't know they were supernatural and thus did hear me.  The shower curtain ripped back and multiple voices cried out in horror.  Someone legit broke the shower head and cuffs.  They caught me and picked me up bridal style and carried me out.

"She's my mate so back up while I tend her." a British voice said.

I heard other voices claiming I was their mate too.  I was barely conscious and very confused.  A warm liquid went down my throat and I swallowed it.  I had been about to lose conscious when I felt better.  I swallowed and my throat felt fine.  I opened my eyes and stared up into chocolate eyes.  But they weren't Luke's eyes.

"Who are you?" I asked as they brought me into my room.

"I'm Elijah darling." Elijah said as he set me down.

Another handsome man rushed to me faster then humanly possible with a towel and began drying me off.

"And I'm Kol.  I'll be your favorite mate." Kol said with a wink.

"Now love, tell us who did this to you?" another British voice questioned.

I looked at the handsome man with curly dark blond hair  who looked very mad and dangerous but I wasn't scared.  I knew the anger wasn't directed at me.