Execution (1)

Jake woke up and ate his breakfast. He would be executing the first part of his plan today. He ran the plan through his mind for he last time, and stuffed a small plastic, bendable stick into his shoe.

He left right before noon, and gave the excuse of going to the library to read up for a school project. Jake walked towards the Great Hall.

He thought of cycling there, but then realized that if someone saw him in his act, and he needed to leave, he might forget about the bike. The guards would then, using the bike, be able to recognize him.

Although already having a well-schemed plan, he feared that he might get caught and sent to storage. Trying to look as normal as possible, Jake began sweating, even though it was a very cold day.

Knowing the truth about his parents were so very important to him, but he found himself questioning if he should continue with the plan, or just to abort it.

He looked around. Trees where shaking their heads slowly at Jake, as if disapproving his actions. He looked up in the sky, and saw the last bits of the sun cowering behind a cloud, reminding Jake of the consequences of getting caught.

He obviously knew that these movements were purely conincidental, but it still affected the drive to execute the plan. Jake stopped walking. He was in a dilemma. In one hand, he wanted to know whether he was transfered. In the other, he didn't want to get caught.

Jake couldn't give up the opportunity he had. He continued walking. After walking for about 30 minutes, Jake saw a tool shop. He bought a strong, but small crowbar. Disassembling it, he stuffed in into his pocket, and paid $5 for it.

Jake continued to walk. It was now too late to go back. His mother would find it suspicious that his son came home with a crowbar for no reason whatsoever.

After another 35 minutes of walking, he could see the community flag pole, but not the flag. The flag was raised to the half point for respect. 5 days ago, The Military Defense Minister's Wife died, and so some officers would be attending the funeral, which lasts 3 days, thus lowering security standards in the Great Hall.

Jake chose Wednesday and Thursday because of this. He could've chosen Friday to go, but it would be too near the weedends, and if Mr. Samuel came early, he would find out that his access card was stolen, and he would report it.

Jake did not want any risk of him getting caught.