Clues

Jake was completely different from his parents. It couldn't have been a slife error. He searched on the web again.

"A possible cause of different traits could be due to a chip switch. Some parents extract the child's chips and through some careful modifications, they can accurately pin-point a specific trait and modify it. One would need to be a expert programmer to be able to execute this task. Some services have been found to modify a child's traits for the customer, though it would spend a hefty amount of money." Jake's parents were rich, of course, but he didn't know why his parents would change so many traits of him, that would ultimately make him a less polite, kind, and considerate person than before. He read on...

"Another possibility of the cause of completely different traits could be due to a transfer. In this highly unlikely case, biological parents cannot raise the son so they are transferred to another family." Jake read the paragraph again. He was appalled.

"Was I transfered?" He asked himself. He ran through the points that supported or opposed the possibility.

1. He was anti-social. communication is key to success. With an anti-social trait, it would be no surprise that pay would be little. Too little to support a child.

He could feel his heart pulsate within him.

2. He wasn't clean and respectful. This too, would affect pay.

Jake began sweating a little. He couldn't accept that he was transferred, yet he wanted an answer so badly.

He learnt in Biology session that the first slives that were inputted into the first few of the community each had an exact copy stored at the Great Hall of The Community.

He also learnt in History session that every important item in the community had a full description, also situated in the Great Hall.

This had to mean that the slife descriptions were in the The Great Hall. Using the sir-name of the person in which each slife is inputted, he can compare his and his family's traits, and finally find out whether he has been transfered.

He had to know. He couldn't stand the difference. Jake, due to the huge amount of time spent in his room, he has perfected the art of hacking and programming. He then thought about modifying his slife, but being already 14 years old, his slife would have been deeply imbedded in him, and extraction would be simply impossible.