Execution (9)

The vent broke open, and Jake slowly put it down on the grass. He crawled in, and, reaching out, grabbed the lid, and secured it back into place.

Jake listened to his surroundings, before finally continuing crawling. Jake met the first opening. He had to go past this opening quickly to draw no attention to himself.

3.
2.
1...

Jake made use of his pants and the slippery floor to slide across the pipe, creating little to no sound. Looking behind him, he saw a beam of light shooting through the opening from the room. Jake held his breath.

"Stupid rat."

"Yes, just blame the 'rat'." Jake whispered to himself.

Jake took out the piece of paper. In it held the directions he was to follow. One by one, he passed each opening, as took turns without hesitation. He had finally reached the vertical pipe shaft. He planted his right foot and hand onto one wall of the shaft.

Jake did the same with the other hand and foot. By now he was sitting down, on the ledge, with both hand pushing into the 2 sides of the wall. Jake stood up. Held by the friction of his shoes and hands, Jake dropped his left leg, and positioned it lower than before.

Pushing, once again, hard, he dropped his hand. And placed it back into position. He did the same with the other foot. He slipped.

The right of the body dropped, and the left side followed soon after. Jake landed on his right hand, and struggled not to scream. The underground used to be the museum, and was built with sound-proofing materials. He hoped that no one heard him.

He couldn't stop now. He continued crawling, trying to make sure that he doesn't apply any pressure on his hurt arm. This level had little to no guards. He crawled to the point where he needed to go back up. Luckily it was a slope, and laying on his back, Jake pushed backwards. Not a big deal.

He continued crawling, and finally reached the room. This room was different. Instead of the opening being at the side, it was right on top. He checked for guards, and sure enough, there was none. Jake dropped in.