Execution (8)

Relieved, Jake lay back down on his back, and drifted off to sleep.

He woke up at 8pm, having slept for 9 hours. Jake took out the locked box, and retrieved the slips of paper and the access card. He browsed through the steps on the slip of paper, and memorized where the guards stood.

It neared midnight, and Jake decided to go out. He only needed to leave 30 minutes later, but it was very dark, and his eyes would render useless if they don't get used to receiving little light.

His mother wasn't there at home, so Jake simply walked out of the house, and sat down at the porch. He gazed at the sky, the moonlight seeping through the giant green-tinted hexagonal plates which encased the community in a dome.

Past this wall you could meet Outsiders, an unknown colony of people incredibly territorial. People who commit-

Jake saw a stray dog down the street. His eyes were finally accustomed to the dim moon light. He mounted his bike, making sure that the slips of paper and the access card were safely stored in his pocket.

He pedaled off, and headed towards the bike port. Riding on his bike was always soothing to him. Feeling the air breezing past him, Jake began to try memorizing the stand post of he guards. By the time he reached the guard post, he had almost all the posts memorized.

Jake was now walking. He could see the flag-post, and got more attentive to spot any guards. He finally reached the side gate, and, after making sure that the gate wasn't connected to any security post, he tapped his card and was granted immediate entry.

He looked around. No guards in sight. He dug out the crowbar and assembled it. He took a deep breath, and pryed open the vent.