Chapter 5

We're the second team to make it to the beach, after Fukurodani. I wave to the team, including their managers, Yukie and Kaori, when their captain runs towards me with his arms open.

"Hey, hey, hey! Is that my Nako I see?!" Within seconds of his holler, I'm engulfed in Bokuto's arms.

"B-Bokuto. I can't.. breathe." I say with my breath hitching, trying to push Bokuto off of me. He eventually releases me, but puts me in a headlock of a hug immediately after.

"I missed you so much, Nako-Chan!" He exclaims as Akaashi comes up to us.

"I missed you too! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

After a bit of catching up with Bokuto and Akaashi, I go to the beach chairs the Aoba Johsai boys had claimed.

The next team to join us on the beach was Nekoma. I notice Kuroo eyeing me, so I send him a small wave and smile. He proudly side-smiles, looking away to the water.

"You guys are friends?" Makki pokes me from behind.

"Hm?" I turn my head over my shoulder. "Not really.. I bumped into him on the plane."

A short time after Nekoma appeared came Karasuno. I skimmed over the boys, looking for my favorite first year. My eyes stop on Tsukishima, dressed in black swimming shorts and an un-buttoned Hawaiian shirt.

I get up from my chair and walk towards him as he departs from the boys, coming over to me.

I wrap him in a hug, looking up to him. "Hi, Kei~"

"Missed me already?"

"No," I release the grip I had on him to hit him in the gut, making him briefly laugh. "Wanna sit with me?" I lead him over to where I was.

"After you punched me? Nah."

"Why not—?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a few more boys walk onto the beach. I avert my focus to what turns out to be some guys from Shiratorizawa — Ushijima, Tendou, Semi, Shirabu, and Goshiki.

Even though I didn't go to Shiratorizawa, I became super close with their red-headed middle blocker through the internet.

"You know what, I don't need your help anymore." I start pushing him away, I walk over to Tendou as fast as I can without tripping over sand, who's already got his arms open, ready for a hug.

"Tendi!" I throw myself into his arms, wrapping myself around his body as he lifts me off the ground a little.

"Nako-Chan! How are we just now seeing each other?" He gives me a quick kiss on my head while setting me down.

"I dunno.. but," I wrap my arms around one of his, walking him over to my chair. "I need a favor from you."

"Oh?"

"Can you put sunscreen on me, pleeease?" I get a bottle of sunscreen from one of the small tables, holding it to him before laying on my stomach.

He takes the sunscreen, sitting beside me. "Of course I can!"

I move my hair out of the way, then cross my arms under my head.

"Question, have you gotten the newest release of jump yet?" Tendou asks as he rubs the sunscreen into my skin, massaging the back my legs.

"No, I can't find it anywhere.."

"Good! I brought it with me."

"Really?"