Chapter 16

I think of where to go in the pool to not get caught early on. I could take a chance and stand right near them. So I do. I slowly move through the water to make it to the deepest end where the two are leaning over the side. I go to the left corner, near where Kuroo is, while Nishinoya goes to the right corner, having the same idea as me. I basically shrink into the corner waiting for the game to start.

"Marco!" Kuroo and Lev exclaimed. If I say polo, he'll easily find me. You have to cheat sometimes in life!

"Polo!" Everyone exclaims, except me. Lev quickly pounces to the corner, tagging Nishinoya.

"Dang it!" Nishinoya swims to the pool ladder and gets out. Kuroo makes his way to my corner. Fuck. I quickly swim away from him, making a lot of noise. I make my way to Mattsun and hide behind him. Kuroo tags Mattsun. The two 'Marco's' continue tagging people until I'm the only one left. How did it come to this?

"Lev, did you get Nako yet?" Kuroo questions while walking around the pool.

"Nope!"

"Mmh."

Lev starts coming exactly my way. My eyes widen as he gets closer and closer. I quickly, but carefully, slip away, heading back to the deep end and treading water behind Kuroo.

"Marco!" Kuroo exclaims.

"Polo."

Kuroo quickly turns around and opens his eyes while the others get back in the pool.

"I win! You didn't tag me before opening your eyes!"

Kuroo scoffs and puts his arms around me. I squirm out. "Let's jump in!"

Kuroo nods and we swim over to the ladder, going to the edge of the pool.

"Ready?" Kuroo questions and I nod. He says we'll jump on three.

Once he finishes counting down, he jumps in, leaving me standing at the edge. I let out a giggle. Kuroo swims up to the surface, unamused. I sit down on the edge and put my legs into the water. He swims over to me and places his hands on my thighs.

"Babe, we were supposed to jump together."

"I know." I lightly kick my feet against his stomach. He grabs my wrists, carefully pulling me into the pool.

"Can I have a kiss?" He looks down to me and lifts my chin up with a finger.

"Hm, do you even deserve one after pulling me into the pool like that?"

He lifts me up and onto the side of the pool again. I wrap my arms around his neck as he leans in fairly close to my face. I run my fingers through his hair. "What do you use on your hair? It's so soft."

"Nothing. Now kiss me."

I press my lips onto his, forgetting where we are.

"Nako-Chan!" Oikawa exclaims from the pool chair.

I quickly pull away from Kuroo and look over to Oikawa, who's eyes are widened. He makes his way over to Kuroo and I. "Nako-Chan~"

"Oikawa." I cross my arms.

"Save that for later, lovebirds, not in front of everyone! Gross!"