Chapter 20

The next morning, I wake up on the floor of my room.

Wait, what the hell? How did I- okay. I'm wrapped up in my blanket like a burrito, which I struggle to get out of, but once I do so, I head to my bathroom.

After doing my things in the bathroom, I head downstairs to see the boys seated for breakfast. Coach Irihata tells us today will be another beach day, our last one in fact. The other female managers and I have been planning a speech for tomorrow, our last day on the island.

We finish up breakfast and head up to our rooms to get ready for the day.

After brushing my hair into a bun, I head downstairs and we all go to the beach

"Nako-Channnn!" Bokuto runs towards me with open arms, just like the first time on the beach, and engulfs me with a hug.

"B-Bokuto- Please— let go.."

"My bad!" Bokuto releases his grip from me. Next thing I know, I'm picked up from behind by an arm. How's he just easily holding me like a rag doll?

"Hey, there's my favorite owl!" Kuroo gives Bokuto a fist bump with his free hand.

"Rooster! Woah, is that a bruise? What happened?" Bokuto completes the fist bump.

"You guys are cute and all, but put me down!" I exclaim, trying to get out of Kuroo's arms grasp. He continues to talk to Bokuto about who knows what.

I mouth the words 'help me' to Bokuto. No luck. I turn my head to the side and bite Kuroo's arm, making his grip loosen. "Hm, so that does the trick." I dust off my hands and walk over to where the Aoba Johsai boys are sitting.

"Took her a minute and nineteen seconds to get out! I won the bet." Mattsun shuts off his phone as I sit down on the end of his chair.

"Damn it." Makki says.

"What bet?" I look from one of them to the other.

"We bet on how long it'd take you to get out of his arm. I said a minute and Makki said two."

"That bite looked like it hurt.." Makki said with raised eyebrows.

"We're about to find out." Mattsun looked up and behind me. Uh oh. I slowly turn my body around and look up to Kuroo with a nervous smile. "Heh.. hii, Tetsu~"

He crouches down to my ear, hovering his hand to whisper in it. "That wasn't very nice, kitten." He says quietly, but probably loud enough for Mattsun and Makki to hear.

"You wouldn't put me down, so I took matters into my own hands."

He gives me a blank look before scooping his hands under me, carrying me towards the water.

"Hey!" I kick my feet, "Put me down!"

"Let's go for a swim."

"Tetsuuu." I groan as he nears the water. I need to plan my great escape. He sets me down in the water. It's now or never. I make a run for it, quickly trotting through the water and onto the sand. I turn my head to see Kuroo quickly moving towards me. This is no good. I run over to where the Fukurodani players are and hide behind Bokuto.

"Nako-"

"Shhh!" I slap Bokuto's back.

"Bokubro, have you seen Nako?"

"Yeah, she's right here!" He slightly moves, making me the main sight in Kuroo's vision. Bokuto, why.

"Bo, I trusted you." I pout.

"Now, missy." Kuroo says as he crouches down in front of us, his back facing me. "Get on my shoulders."

"Okay." I hop onto his shoulders. He holds my legs and I put my arms around his neck. "So, why did you want me to get on your shoulders?"

"I missed you last night."

"Aww, Tetsu! Cute."

"You smell really good.. what're you using?"

"That's my secret!"

"C'mon, tell me~"

"Uh uh."

Kuroo groans. "Fine, you win."

━━━━

The beach day goes on, hanging out with my friends, Kuroo getting buried in the sand once more, all that good stuff and it's eventually time for dinner.

Dinner goes on as normal. Nothing too extraordinary happens.

The teams head back to their houses for the night, Kuroo walking me to Aoba Johsai's.

"Goodnight, kitten." He says after pulling away from a kiss.

"Goodnight, Tetsu!" I follow the boys inside and up to my room to get ready for the night. After I finish up my shower and getting dressed, I hear a knock coming from my windo-

Wait, my window? I walk over to the window and pull up the shade.

"Gah!" I release the shade quickly, making it fly up. "Tetsu?" I unlock the window and slide it open. "What in the world are you doing here?" I move out of the way of the window so Kuroo can come inside.

"I missed you." He dusts himself off and looks down at me.

"You just saw me not even.. a good 20 minutes ago."

"I want to stay with you tonight."

"You could've just.. asked instead of coming up to my window like a creep! How did you get up here anyway?"

"There's a ladder on the side of the houses."

"Hm, how strange. I never noticed."

"Let's cuddle." Kuroo gets onto the bed and lays down in the middle. I gladly crawl onto the bed next to him. He easily becomes the big spoon and wraps an arm around my waist. "Goodnight, princess."

"New nickname?"

"Never to late to try new things."

I doze off with the warmth of his body pressed against mine.

━━━━

The next morning, I'm woken up by Oikawa shrieking. "The c-cat! The cat is here!" He quickly shuts my door and runs off.

"Baby?" Kuroo says in his sleepy voice.

"Sorry about.. him.." I yawn and stretch my arms out in front of me. I turn around and put my face in Kuroo's chest as he's about to get up from the bed. "Let's stay here for a bit."

He stops moving and wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes for a couple minutes.

"We should get going downstairs. It's almost time for breakfast."

"Mm. Okay. There should be an extra toothbrush in the main bathroom downstairs."

Kuroo nods and gets up from my bed. I head into my bathroom to do my stuff. After doing so, I head downstairs to see the boys not seated at the dining room table. "Did I miss something?"

"We're having breakfast in the dining hall, since it's the last day." Coach informs me.

Last day.. I can't believe it. It's already been a week and a half. I oblige and wait for Kuroo so we can head to the dining hall together.