Chapter 7

The next morning, I wake up, still in my dress. I completely forgot all about last night.

Before even getting out of bed, I grab my phone out of habit. I'm unsure if we're still in the same timezone, but in hopes of her being awake, I text my mother, who ends up replying instantly.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

good morning mommy

Morning!

sorry i didn't text last night
dinner had me exhausted

No worries, I checked in with Kentarō to make sure you were both doing well. Your speech with the girls was great.

you saw that???

I had Matsu record it. You did great!

i didn't even know he was recording *-*
but thank you!
i have to go get ready
love you!!!!!!

Love you too, have fun!! (● 'ω' ●)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I put my phone down back down and go into my bathroom for a shower, brushing my teeth while in there.

Once out, I blow dry my hair a bit, tying it into two low ponytails, going back out to my room afterwards to get into different clothes. I put on black crew socks and athletic shorts, pairing it with a gray SpongeBob tee I stole from Makki one day.

I put my phone into the waistband of my shorts, heading to the stairs, unintentionally meeting up with Makki.

"Nako?" Makki rubs his eyes. "..Is that my shirt?"

"What? No, definitely not.."

He squints, reaching a hand out to the back of the shirt. I slide past him and run towards the stairs before he can check the tag.

"Hey, get back here!" He exclaims as I, successfully, slide down the railing of the stairs.

Makki chases me throughout the foyer, the kitchen, and dining room before eventually catching me from behind as I'm about to hop over a couch. He walks me in front of the couch, sitting me down and kneeling in front of me.

I press my lips together with a smile to prevent laughter as he looks me dead in the eyes.

"Question one, how did you get my shirt?"

I lean closer to his face. "Mattsun's house~"

"Of course he's behind this."

"Hey, you said you'd keep it between us!" Mattsun exclaims from the living room doorway, coming up behind the couch. "I won't let you stea- borrow.. our clothes anymore!"

I tilt my head back to see him, sitting up on the couch cushions to reach his face, lightly slapping it. "What'd you say?"

"Chill, I'm kidding!"

"You better be." I narrow my eyes at him.

━━━━

"Thank you for the food!" We thank the chef once he's done plating our breakfast.

"Alright, kids. Today you'll be hanging out with the other teams in the arcade, only if you want to. If you decide not to join, don't stray too far away." Mizoguchi tells us. We all nod and go up to our rooms once finishing breakfast.