Chapter 24: OMG (Part 2)

"Look... We don't know what happened between you and Lesedi, but if you can help us destroy her... we will make room for you if ever you want to return. Right, KB?" Kamo said.

"Right!" KB said, blindly following Kamo's lead "Your fans still ask about you. They call you the peop-"

"The people's Queen." Mihlali interrupted "I know. I still have my ears to the ground. In fact...I've been following you guys too, and I'm surprised it took so long for you guys to come find me."

Though her voice was sweet-sounding, there was an underlying sternness in the way Mihlali was suddenly talking. The sound reminded KB of empires and the Kings and Queens ruling over them.

"What?" Kamo gasped "You know about me?" she asked Mihlali, her eyes puppy-like.

"Sure... the genius vlogger and social media entrepreneur" Mihlali said, smiling at Kamo before continuing "And then there's KB and his friends..." Mihlali continued before turning to face KB. "I'm impressed by your methods, as extreme as they are. It takes a lot to have an entire city fooled-"

"What!" Kamo gasped.

KB and Senzo held their breath.

"Did you just call me a 'genius vlogger'?" Kamo squealed with excitement. "You have no idea how much that means to me. Especially coming from you, Queen!" Kamo exclaimed.

Mihlali was still staring at KB when he raised a finger to his lips, signaling for her silence. She got the message.

"What's in it for me if I help you guys?" Mihlali repeated.

How the hell did she find out! KB thought to himself. Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! His heartbeat quickened and he looked over at Senzo who looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"Times have changed." KB quickly said, fighting to keep his voice still "It's obvious that you've been planning a comeback for some time now...But your fan base just isn't strong enough anymore. You won't succeed alone. You need us to endorse you... so...help us destroy Lesedi and we'll endorse you." He finished.

Mihlali took a long stare at KB, Senzo, and Kamo, as if seeing deep into the darkest parts of them, before telling them the entire story:

Mulalo had a very comfortable upbringing. She was the only child of the Limpopo Premier and his wife, and was showered with love and support from both her parents. The surrounding community even viewed her as the perfect child – a model for their own children to strive after. Out of all the children that wanted to be like Mulalo, none wanted it more than Mulalo's childhood friend, Naki.

"Naki is short for Azwinaki, meaning 'something that brings shame to the family'..." Kamo said, interrupting Mihlali's tale.

Naki and Mulalo attended the same primary school and high school, and the two quickly developed a sisterly bond despite Mulalo being three years older than Naki.

"People told me she was obsessed with me... They warned me... but I ignored them." Mihlali continued. "But it was only after I moved to Johannesburg to pursue my studies when I started to get worried."

"What happened?" KB asked.

It didn't take long for Mulalo to make a name for herself when she moved to Johannesburg, and very quickly word spread back home to Limpopo about the success of their golden boy's only child.

"I was surprised by how quickly my life changed. I went from being an unknown girl from Limpopo to being the most sought after brand. It was nothing short of magic..."Mihlali reminisced. "And I was finally able to use the money I earned to do my own thing, instead of having to rely on my father."