Colossal Conclusion

I saw Rule earlier and gave him his ice cream, barely making eye contact and not even flinching when he touched me and handed me a tip way to big for a girl who just gives out ice cream.

It's the end of my shift, so I decided maybe a swim would help, just not a swim at the pool he is at. I gave the next girl who was working the keys.

Walking back to the condo I walked in on my mother making a sandwich for my dad while he was reading a news paper.

"Ivy, hello, how was work?" My mom smiled sweetly, I could see the distant look in her eyes, she knew I have locked myself in my room and slept away my depression. She doesn't like when I do that but sometimes it's all I have to help.

"Good, I made really good tips." Mostly because Rule and his ridiculous tip. She nodded and smiled sadly again, before looking down at the pb&j she was making.

I walked into my room and changed into my one piece, I have a bikini that my mother forced me to buy, because it made her happy I did. Though I am not wearing it, not yet I still can't handle how it makes my butt look.

Throwing on my black one piece I pulled my blonde hair up into a messy bun, put on my beach cover up and my yellow flip flops. I packed a small beach bag with my towel, sunscreen, and my phone/earbuds.

I walked out of my room into the kitchen, kissing my mom on the cheek and grabbed a water bottle.

"Headed to the beach dear?" She looked at me, her eyes less distant seeing that I left my room today.

"The pool" I leaned against the counter, stealing a strawberry from the fruit bowl.

"Oh, your grandmother is down at the pool, the one a few buildings down." I nodded saying I would probably go there to see her, also because I have seen the lifeguard there and she was not Rule.

I walked to the door and yelled bye and that I had my phone and began my walk.

It only took eight minutes but I got there and saw gram. She was laying in a chair tanning, while reading one of her books. She reads those kinds with the half naked pirate on the front holding a swooning girl.

I walked over to her and sat next to her. She smiled at me but didn't talk, probably consumed in her book.

I don't know why I sat, just to get back up and pull off my cover up and lay out my towel.

I walked over to the pool and dived into the deep end, not coming to the surface for air until my lungs burned and I reached the 4 feet of water.

I love swimming, the water making the outside world mute, me only hearing my own thoughts. Walking to the stairs I got up and laid back on my chair.
Pulling out my earbuds and started listening to music.

I closed my eyes and must have dozed off because when I woke up, gram was in the pool and I had turned slightly pink.

I got up, stretching and walking back to the deep end, getting ready to take another dive. But I stopped, noticed the life guard from earlier walking out the gate away from the pool.

I felt eyes on me and started to look towards the giant white chair. Even before I saw him I knew it was Rule, I don't know how I did but I did.

I quickly walked back to my chair, trying to avoid his gaze, my gram already laying next to me.

"Don't be nervous honey, he was just checking your fine ass out!" Gram giggled at my now beat red face.

He just sat there, up on his life guard chair, flirting with the typical summer bimbo in front of him, as I lay on a chair next to my grandma.

There is no way he would notice me compared to the rest of the girls here especially the bimbo in front of him, but for some reason he did.

He was on duty at this pool and watched me when he thought I wasn't looking, oh but I was. He kept looking at me, further proving Gram right.

Maybe he thought I was pretty. Maybe this is my year, perhaps Sea City Beach wasn't going to be like it was the last few years. Maybe I'm not gonna hide behind the way she thought I looked years ago.

This summer was going to be different, I'm going to stop looking with my cloudy vision the was stuck in the past. I was going to move on from her accusations. She wasn't here anymore to tell me what I was, only I can define me.

To her I was only a pretty fat girl, on a good day, a really good day. But now I know I'm not a pretty fat girl, just a pretty girl. A pretty me.

And if a boy like Rule can look at me like that, I can see myself positively. I was going to stop listening to the ghost of her.

She was my sister, but is no longer here to tell me what was wrong with me.

When she died, so should have the things she had said to me.

I looked at the clear pool water, then at the bimbo in front of Rule. Her fake blonde hair and orange tan burning my eyes. She wanted to be pretty so did that to herself, I wanted to be pretty so I'm going to except myself.

Without thinking I got off my chair and started walking to Rule, I'm done waiting around for a guy to except me, I'm gonna do what feels right.

Standing behind the bimbo, I saw Rule's snowstorm eyes drift back to me. His smiled widening, maybe he had already excepted what I'm built like. Even liked what he sees.

He pushed her to the side, gently and she threw a pissed look in my direction.

"Hi." I said, blushing like an idiot. Maybe I can except myself, but I so should have planned this better.

He chuckled to himself making my blush grow. "Hi Ivy." My name on his lips where amazing. I love every letter.

"Would you like to go to the boardwalk with me?" I blurted straight into his face. Probably looking like an idiot.

He looked very stunned, I started to back away, I really should not have done that!! He probably thinks I'm a freak, normal girls don't blurt shit out like that! Do they?

I felt my feet fall back, I forgot I was in front of the pool. I tried to grab something, but only got air. I felt the water hit my butt first, then the rest of me go under.

Great.

--------------------------------------------

Hey readers!! So I know I haven't done this before but I really wanted to thank @peteness and WordsOnFire for commenting!!! And sorry I didn't update earlier. Anyway have a good day, thanks everyone for reading!

<3 Morgan