Supersized Splash

The water wrapped around me like a warm blanket, it was to much of a bad memory. One that starred my sister.

"You know they don't love you Ivy, you were a mistake, they didn't want you, I mean who would. Your so ugly and fat. Mom looks at you and sees a disgusting pig." She was holding my hand, more like squeezing and pulling my hand, she was dragging me to the ocean.

We had just got here, Gram had told her to take me to the ocean, while she took our brother to the store.

My feet hit the sand and I yelped, it was to hot and she didn't let me get flip flops.

"Shut up pig, let your feet burn maybe the sun will melt off some of you fat." She speed up dragging me to the waves faster.

"Mom asked me to do this you know, I told her we should just sell you but she said no, that no one would want such a gross child." Her nails started to dig into me, her words hurt. My eyes were watering, tears were starting to fall down my plump cheeks.

She was right, I was ugly, I knew mom would look at me with a frown on her face, she didn't love me. I wasn't pretty like my sister, I was to big.

My feet had touched the water, it was cold and soothed my burning feet.
"Ivy don't cry! I'm helping you, this way you won't have to live and learn how disgusting you are."

My sister took her hand off mine and grabbed me by the shoulders, pushing me further and further into the ocean. She was older and taller, while the water was only to her belly button it was up to my neck.

My blond hair turned brown from a wave crashing down on top me. My sister whispered, "Maybe the people in hell will look past your fat, though I wouldn't." She looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes. And pushed me down, into the water.

The last thing I remembered from that day was the water, wrapping around me like a blanket, comforting me like my mother wouldn't.

I felt a pair of warm large arms tug me, pulling me away from my memory. They wrapped around my torso and brought me to the surface.

I started coughing rapidly, I couldn't stop. Those large arms now held me bridal style to a warm tan and tattooed chest. Rule jumped in and saved me.

My lip quivered on the verge of breaking down I wrapped my arms around his neck and clung to him as he walked to the pool stairs.

"You okay?" He looked at me with those winter eyes and I swear I could see protectiveness in them, more then the concern.

I shook my head yes, not trusting my voice, he smiled tightly, more of a grimace and continued walking.

We got to the steps and he set me down. Though he never took his arms off my, they just moved back to my waist.

"Rule, you can let go, thank you." I whispered avoiding his gaze, trying to break free from his strong grip.

"Ivy" His voice cracked and he took my hand into his, weaving our fingers. "I'd love to go to the boardwalk with you, and please don't fall into a pool without me there. You went so still."

He tried to smile and failed, apparently I had really really scared him. I squeezed his hand and promised I wouldn't when Gram ran up.

"Ivy! What did you do that for?! You scared the youth outta me! Thanks for adding a few more wrinkles to my old face!" She pulled my out of Rule's grip and hugged me to her chest, soaking her body with my wet one.

"So, was that part of the plan to get his attention or an accident?" She whispered into my ear. I whispered back that I was just a klutz and she let me go.

"Oh well, I have bingo to go to!!!" She sang happily, "Rule, would you walk my Ivy to the condo? The lifeguard that was on duty is back from her lunch."

I was shoved at Rule, and she walked away without him saying yes. I started to explain that I could walk home alone, but he just grabbed my hand and walked to my stuff.

"No worries, I'm a gentleman and must walk you to your home." He put my bag on his shoulder and wrapped my sun-warmed towel around my shoulders.

Rule took my hand again and we walked to the rough wooden stairs up into the large walkway.

I hugged the towel to me with my one hand. My other held in his, alive and buzzing at his touch.

We walked in silence to the building and into the elevator. "Ivy, so when is our date?" He pressed the button for my floor and looked me in the eyes.

"Um, you pick?" I smiled and blushed looking at the sliver elevator doors. He laughed and touched my cheek.

"You look cute when you blush, how about tomorrow?" I blushed harder at his compliment and my cheek burns from his hand on it. Not a bad burn an exciting one, like what I'm feeling with my hand in his.

I nodded and looked at him. His hair was perfect, even soaked from the pool. His eyes were so beautiful maybe even more so then his lips. And his nose was strangely sexy, slightly crooked but still handsome.

I bit my lip and swallowed, this boy was so gorgeous and wanted me, he rescued me and said yes to a date, my luck was really changing.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, he let me walk out first, still holding my hand.

He walked me to the door and stopped, pulling my bag from his tan shoulder. The sunshine coming from behind him making him look like a god.

He pushed my hair from my face and kissed my cheek. I let out a supposed gasp at the slight shock it gave me.

"Until tomorrow, goodbye Ivy." He smiled at me and turned and left, his back glistening from water drops.

I smiled like an idiot to myself. And turn to the door.

"I have a date" I whispered to my self and squealed doing my little happy dance, walking into the condo.