Massive Makeover

Rule. Date. Me.

Those were my thoughts for the next 3 hours. Then my thoughts morphed into
What do I wear? How should I do my hair? Do I bring money? Is it rude if I don't bring money? Do I need to wear flip flops for the beach? Or sandals?

I repeated these questions and others like it to myself over and over again. So much I earned myself a giant headache.

"Ivy stop staring at your closet like that! You look psychotic!" My mom walked into my room laughing at me. She was right, I was staring at my closet like if I continued to stare something good would show up.

"Sorry mom, I just have no idea what to wear." I titled my head still looking at the white shelved closet that seemed way to empty at the moment.

"Wear to what?" She sat next to me on my bed, oh I forgot to tell my mom I had a date, I was so excited I just ran to my room.

"I have a date." I whispered looking down at my comforter, picking at a loose string. Please don't laugh that I'm such a dork, worried about my first date.

"Oh my god! My baby has a date!" I felt the bed move and then her arms wrap around my swaying me side to side.

I shouldn't have told her! Now she is just bombarding me with questions.
"What's his name?" "Is he cute?"
"How old is he?" "Is he a respectable young man?" "Does he have siblings?" "What is his grade point average?"

She asked every question you could think of, I wouldn't know the answers to most of them if I were him!

"MOM! I don't know him like the back of my hand! We just met like three days ago!" She shut up really quick once I said that and frowned. Maybe I should have said that nicer.

I didn't worry to much though because as quick as her frown appeared, her smile returned.

"Ivy I need to take you shopping! When is your date?" Her eyes were lighting up, I couldn't tell her I didn't feel like being her little Barbie doll, so I told her tomorrow.

"Oh no! Not enough time! Ugh we will have to make it work! Put some shoes on we are driving to the outlets!" My mom squeezed my hands and stood up. The biggest cheesiest smile on her face.

---

2 hours later and we had gone to five different stores and I still couldn't find anything to wear! It was always to frumpy or they didn't have my size or it just made my muffin top 10x worse.

We had gotten make up and earrings though, they were cute little kittens! I loved them so much! I know I can't help it I'm such a dork!

"Ivy don't give up now! We can still look in that little surf shop, oh! And the Department store!" My mom tugged on my hand tighter, pulling me after her.

I couldn't help it my feet were killing me I didn't want to keep shopping. I groaned and she shot me a look of pure evil telling me she wished I was more of a girly girl.

My mom had her girly girl, she wasn't me, she was my sister. My mom's original Barbie. She even looked lie Barbie too all thin and tall and blonde. I mean I was blonde but not thin... Or tall...

I shook my head and continued to let her drag me along. My flip flops slapping the pavement violently due to our speed.

We rounded another corner and came to the Loft. I liked the clothes there and the workers back home were super nice.

The door dinged as we walked in and a twenty-some girl said hello, introduced herself as Megan and asked if we needed help.

"Oh why yes! Your young what do you wear to a first date? One that's on the boardwalk?" My mom excitedly told Megan, her eyes already scooping out the room.