Chapter 8

At Hogsmeade we talked about the 2nd Tri-Wizard tournament, Harry still didn't have the clue, but he got some helpful advice from Cedric earlier on.

"He told me to mull it down in some water of a bathtub" Harry tells us.

"Well that's odd, but it's the only lead we got so try it tonight" I stated

Draco was sitting in a booth with Crabbe and Goyle, while staring at me from time to time. All my attention goes to Cedric as he walks through the doors, scanning the room his eyes lays on me. He looks at me and moves his head signalling for me to come outside.

"I'll be right back; Cedric wants me to go with him"

"Oooh, see you soon" Hermione says making kissy faces as I left the room. Draco stands up and sneakily follows me outside.

"Hey Cedric" I say tucking my hair behind my ear

"Hey Mali, I was wondering maybe if you would like to go out for dinner or something sometime" he asks, I began to blush

"I would love too! I mean, yeah cool sounds cool" I say nervously, as he chuckles

"Your hilarious" He giggles

"Well, I'll see you later on then" he kisses me on my cheek and walks off. I turn around, happy about what happened to see Draco standing, arms crossed leaning up against the wall.

"You're really going out with Diggory!" he asks, walking over to me

"Yeah, I am, and I don't know what your problem is lately, Draco" I reply as I start to walk back to the pub.

"Potter" He calls, but I don't turn around, so he calls out again.

"Potter" but I still don't answer so he grabs some snow, makes a ball and throws it at the back of my head. I turn around slowly to see snow falling of the back of my jacket.

"Oh, you're dead" I call out. His eyes widen in fear as he turns and begins to run away, so I grab some snow and chase after him. Throwing snowballs back and forth, we laugh hysterically. I fall to the ground and make as many snowballs as I can carry. Then I stand up and run full force at him throwing every last snowball. But I come to a stop when I run out. Then he throws a rather large snowball at me, forcing me to fall to the ground. He pins me to the floor and rubs snow in my face. Draco looks at me longingly then let's go of my hand to help me up. As I stand, I rub off the remaining snow from my jacket. He gazes at me and puts a piece of my hair behind my ear. "You cold?" he smiles, his hand resting on my cheek, I nod. He takes off his black beanie and places it on my head, adjusting it as I smile.

"Thank you" I whisper, looking at his gorgeous grey eyes sparkling.

Suddenly we both get distracted from the distant calls of Hermione.

"Mali!". I look at Draco. He looks to me.

"I-uh, I got to go" I said as he kisses my cold cheek.

"Until next time" He smirks. I make my way back to Hermione.

"God Mali there you are, what was that all about then? And why are you soaking wet?" Hermione curiously asks. By now all the snow had melted.

"You know me, I fell over" I say looking to the floor. I look back up at Hermione and smile.

"I'm going out for dinner or something with Cedric" I squeal

"Oh my gosh. I can totally see you and Cedric Diggory together." Hermione and I laugh

"Oh, grow up" I say linking arms with her as I turn around to see Draco, with a blank look across his face.

"Draco is soaking wet as well, what a coincident" she mumbles to me

"He probably fell too" I smile at her; she looks at me unconvinced. We turn around and start to walk back to the castle.

"What's going on with you and Draco" Hermione asks

"Nothing" I reply. Hermione gives me a look.

"Honestly Hermione, nothing is going on"

"Oh yeah, what about just then" She asks

"What about it"

"You were soaking wet"

"and- "

"And, so was Draco!" she projects

"When you left to go speak with Cedric, I could see you both out of the window. Then Cedric left and I saw Draco throw a snowball at you, you were both laughing then you chased after him" She says softly to me.

"That doesn't prove anything, he was just being his usual self and I was just teaching him a lesson!". I hoped that Hermione kept asking questions because honestly, I kind of wanted someone to talk to about all this.

"Well then what about last night, you were sending owls with him and Draco never sends owls to anyone!" She replies. I look at her with an unsure face.

"Uh" I give in and decide to tell her.

"Hermione please don't tell the boys, there is nothing going on between us we are just becoming close friends."

"Ah ha! So, I was right. Why didn't you tell me about this Mali?" she smirks

"Because I know you hate him, and the boys hate him more than anyone I know!"

"I don't hate him, I just-. I just really don't like him"

"Wow that makes it much better"

"You didn't let me finish! I really don't like him but for your sake I'll try and tolerate him. But Mali you have to tell the bo- "

"I know, but nothing has happened between us and I don't think it ever will. But if that day come's I promise I'll tell them. Just not now, Harry's got too much on his plate" Hermione didn't agree with me not telling the boys, but she did agree with the fact that Harry had too much to deal with, so she just nods her head.

"You have to tell me everything" She smiles

"I will", I lie.