Chapter 7

In the morning we began to pack our things for the end of term but as soon as we returned the second Tri- wizard tournament would commence and speak of which Harry still hasn't figured out the next clue which is making Hermione boil up inside.

"Mali promises to try and figure out the second clue. Your life literally depends on it harry!" Hermione pleads, I nod my head as Harry looks at me in fear.

Harry, Ron Hermione and I headed to the train, choosing a carriage we sat down.

"You guys promise to write! Every day, I want to know all about your holidays" Hermione asks

"I won't write, you know I won't write" Ron mentions, Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Well, you guys will send owls, won't you?"

"Oh yeah totally, everyday" Harry says trying to sound serious until we all burst into laughter

Getting back to our house we unpacked, Harry had his own room, and I as well.

For days Harry and I sat in his room, trying to figure out the clue, then something finally popped into his head.

"Oh, my MERLIN!" Harry yells

"What is it?" I say shocked

"Cedric told me something before we left Hogwarts that I thought was odd, but with the life we have, anything is odd"

"What did he say?"

"He told me to mull the egg over in some warm water of a bathtub, then just wait and listen"

"That is weird, but it's our only lead. Come on" I say standing and grabbing egg. Harry and I made our way to the bathroom and locked the door. Once the tub had been filled, he took the egg and put it in the water, Harry then opened it and lowered his head into the water.

Moments later his head pops up from the water gasping for air.

"I got it!" He smiles looking at me

"We have to call the other's; they'll know what to do".

The next day Hermione and Ron met us at our house, and we all gathered in my living room. My parents were at work all day and wouldn't be back till late. Harry is pacing back and forth as the rest of us sat on the lounge.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We do not live above the ground,

An hour-long you'll have to look,

To recover what we took." Harry repeats.

"Okay, easy. All you have to do is recover something in the black lake!" Hermione says

"Easy! Hermione, when's the last time you held your breath for an hour?" Harry yells

"Gilliweed" I mumble, they all turn to look at me.

"Just use Gilliweed"

"That's absolutely brilliant Mali! However, did you think of that"

"Just been studying up on herbology lately" I reply.

The holidays had ended, and we had all settled back at Hogwarts already.

At breakfast, the only thing anyone was talking about was the second tournament.

Hermione and I were both studying for the Defence Against the Dark Arts test today. Harry sat next to me and Ron next Hermione across from me.

"Do you two really have nothing better to do, you're both always studying?" Ron asks

"Not to remind you but we have a test today and in order to ace the test we need to study" Hermione replies. Harry looks at me

"So, where am I supposed to get Gilliweed?" Harry whispers

"Ask Neville he is great with Herbology" I reply.

It was time for us to go and do the test, so Hermione grabbed my arm and pulled me away

"See you guys later" I waved. They separated the girls and the boys away from each other for 'educational purposes', whatever that means.

The test was intense, but we got through it. Hermione and I leave the classroom, pushing the doors wide open. "Oh, Hermione how did we ever get through that?" I laugh as I put my arm around her. "Cut it out you monkey" she laughs. I turn my head to see Pansy and Draco talking, I had no idea why, but It made me furious. Draco turns to look at me and I walk away with Hermione. Ron and Harry were sitting outside our dorm room on the steps.

"How'd you go on the test?" Harry asks

"We aced it!" I reply

"I thought, we could go to Hogsmeade to celebrate"

"Yes! I could really use a butterbeer right about now, I've just to grab my jacket. I'll meet you at the bridge". I run inside to grab my stuff and leave. As I'm walking, I hear footsteps coming from behind but not just any, Draco's footsteps.

"Malfoy," I say. He runs up, to stand next to me.

"How'd you know it was me?" he asks

"I could smell your arrogance from here" I reply smirking

"So, I heard you and scar-head finally figured out the second clue"

"Aye don't be mean. But yeah, we did "

"Got any idea what you're doing?" he asks

"None of the slightest" I smile, while he chuckles

We walk in silence for a few seconds until I speak up.

"Why are you following me Draco?

"I'm not following you; it just so happens that I'm also going to Hogsmeade with the boys"

"So" He goes to speak but I get distracted.

I turn to see Cedric Diggory staring at me, he is quite attractive, cute smile, Brown hair and ocean blue eyes. I smile at him and wave. Draco wasn't impressed, he actually looked mad.

"My friends are over there; see you later Draco" I wave Draco off and catch up with the others.