eighteen

Jeongguk has been acting weird

Jeongguk has been acting weird. Jimin's not sure how exactly to explain it. He's been inviting over these flashy, suited men and women, laughing and talking over bubbling champagne, and every time, Jimin watches from the staircase balcony. He's not allowed to join.

Which isn't too big a deal, jimin isn't upset. The people ooze money and power, and he wouldn't fit into that awkward, passive aggressive situation.

But, he misses Jin and Namjoon. They had been so nice to him, and he can't even remember the last time a client of Jungkook had been kind to him. They were either indifferent, creepy, or straight up rude.

Jin and namjoon had been a breath of fresh air. He wants to ask Jeongguk if he can meet them again, but the other has been in an unpredictable mood, and Jimin doesn't want to cause an unneeded possessive run. Both he, and two tall men were better off without that.

Jimin had decided to prepare dinner today. He wants Jeongguk's attention badly, and is in need of his validation. So a fancy surprise dinner came to mind. He had already made everything, he was just waiting for the dark haired boy's guests to leave.

He got dolled up, wearing lipgloss and eyeshadow, and even styled his hair. Jeongguk loved it when he got prettied up, "stunning trophy" he would say.

As soon as the door clicked shut, Jimin hurried downstairs into the kitchen, assembling the food.

"What are you up to?" He heard the taller man say, a hand coming to rest up on his waist.

Jimin turned around, smiling lightly at him. "We're having dinner together."

Jungkook stared at him, a finger coming up to play with a piece of hair. "You look nice." He mumbled, and jimin blushed pink.

"Thanky-"

"I'm going to be busy tonight."

Oh.

Jimin's face falls. "Oh...that's..."

It's fine. He's a busy man and probably has work to do. You shouldn't be so clingy.

"I have some paperwork I need to finish to finish, so I'll be headed over to the office."

Jimin nodded, looking down and swallowing the stupid lump in his throat. But it seemed the dark haired man had caught on, because a slim hand came to rest at his chin, forcing him to tilt his head up at the man.

"Are you upset with me?" Jeongguk questioned.

I wouldn't dare say yes.

"No... I just missed you." He said truthfully.

He looked up at his boyfriend, and the man seemed pleased at the revelation. "I know you did. You have been for a while."

The statement caused a weird twist in his stomach, one he couldn't really explain.

"I'll be home in a few hours baby. Gimme a kiss."

He said, pulling Jimin towards him for a harsh kiss. Teeth clacked and Jimin jumped in shock, but didn't pull away.

The hand at his waist tightened as he made his way down Jimin's jaw, kissing sucking lightly.

Little whimpers he tried to suppress left his throat, small hands tightening in Jeongguk's shirt.

"Jeongguk ah ... please " he couldn't help himself, heat seeping into his skin at the pleasurable feeling.

But then, the man pulled away.

Jimin frowned in upset, making to lean forward and continue kissing, but Jeongguk halted him. "Eager baby, but I have to get to work" and with a quick swipe at his lips, he left, grabbing his things and moving to the door.

Jimin tried catching breath, leaning again the kitchen counter. It felt nice, being touched after a while like that. He just wished Jeongguk could stay longer.

With Jeongguk out of the house most of the time, Jimin had been able to talk to Taehyung a lot these past weeks. They talked about everything and nothing at the same time, and while the other boy was a very private person, Jimin was able to extract a little bit of information about his personality. He knew that Taehyung preferred dogs over cats, hated the taste of coffee, and his favorite color was Orange. pretty vital information.

Yet there were still so many things that were...strange about Taehyung. Things Jimin was way too curious about for his own good.

He knew there was something to boy was hiding about his job, not exactly sure what, but the way the older boy avoided the subject made it obvious to Jimin that there was something shady about it. The thought crossed his mind for a second, that maybe Taehyung was like Jungkook, but he got rid of it as soon as it came, of course not because Jungkook was a bad person, but simply because Taehyung was different and Jimin knew it. from the way he talked, to his personality to how he treated Jimin. He was the type of person Jimin had never met before and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or something he should be worried about. It was best not to dwell on it too much.                             

He wondered if Taehyung thought about him this much too. Probably not, but remembering the incident where he had seen bruises on him once made Jimin wonder of the possibility.                           It had been a complete accident. Jimin had sent to him a morning selfie one day after him and Jungkook had a rough night, there were red marks around his neck, but he was so used to it, that he didn't even notice in the picture that he sent until Taehyung very concernedly  pointed out, asking "what happened Jimin?" and Jimin and spilled some bullshit excuse that he knew the older boy was too smart to believe, but the other didn't question it. Jimin wasn't sure if he should feel relief or sadness at that.

He wanted to talk to the older all the time, but he wasn't sure why. He was in love with Jeongguk and the man reciprocated back just as much. He definitely wasn't in love with Taehyung, but the man made him feel so... full.

He loved to put on a nonchalant front, but the few times he would show vulnerability or comfort Jimin, made him feel so wanted. He felt like he was needed in a space, like he was really here and not just floating in his own head, following orders and orders.

Was that how it felt having a friend?

If it was true, Jimin never wanted to let Taehyung go.

_______________________________

hi guys!!

yes I updated 🥴🥴

hoping to have a new chapter up by next the weekend !!

love you guys, please wear your masks, and be healthy 💛💛