Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

::Louis’ POV::

I walk down the stairs and hear people arguing in the kitchen, so I slowly walk up to the doorway and listen in.

“Why do you hate me?” Andy asks, sounding like he's trying to contain his anger.

“I'm not stupid, Andrew. I know who you are,” Liam snarls, making my eyes widen. I haven’t ever heard Liam use that tone of voice… ever.

“I'll bet you do, Pretty Boy,” Andy snarls right back.

“I know what you did to Louis, and I have a pretty damn good idea of what you want now,”

“What I did?” Andy spits out. “What do you mean what I did? Do you even know the whole story? I didn’t do anything to him,”

“Liar!” Liam says, raising his voice slightly. They both pause as if listening for any eves droppers. I hold my breath and wait for them to continue. “You hurt Louis when you changed!”

“I know I may have hurt him then, but what I did is nothing compared to what he did to me,” thoroughly confused and gripped by their conversation, my mind goes into hyper-speed to think of what the hell they could be talking about. I didn’t do anything to Andy… and he's never done anything to me. Right?

“What do you mean by that?” Liam asks, sounding more curious than angry. Andy sighs and a chair squeaks; he must have stood up.

“Ask Louis for the truth about Drew Sixx, would you?” I bolt as quickly and quietly as I can away from the door in fear of Andy or Liam finding out I heard all that. Why would Andy want Liam to ask me about… Drew? I didn’t really lie to the lads about Drew, but I didn’t tell them the whole truth… I just figured that if I tell them what a horrid friend I was to Drew that they’d hate me… and I couldn’t live with that… I just don’t understand why Andy would know anything about Drew. Unless…

No. Louis, you're just digging for reasons Andy might like you. Even if he was Drew – which he wasn’t – he would hate you anyways. Still…

My thoughts are interrupted when two bouncy boys block my path and I almost run into them.

“H-Hey, guys… mind moving?” I ask a beaming Harry and Niall.

“We have something to tell you!” Niall exclaims, latching onto my arm. Harry grabs my other one and they start dragging me towards the stairs.

“Hey, guys, what-” I start to complain only to be interrupted by Andy.

“Boys, can I talk to you quickly?” he asks, and we turn in time to see him flash a charming smile that’s achingly familiar…

“Uh…” Harry says, looking at Niall.

“Sure?” Niall and Harry follow Andy down the hall towards the living room, and Andy winks at me quickly before disappearing behind the corner. I debate trying to listen in, but by the time I decide to try to hear them they all come back around the corner, smiling and looking smug.

“What was that?” I ask Harry as Niall and Andy part ways.

“Nothing,” he says dismissively. I trail my eyes on his face, knowing full well he's lying. And him trying to play it off as not important just makes me more curious…

“Louis!” I turn around to see Andy smiling at me. “What're we gonna do today?” I turn back towards Harry to see that coward high tailed it up the stairs, probably to his room. I roll my eyes and walk towards Andy. “So?”