Chapter 8: The Hood Strikes First

(I think from here on out, I might just do every chapter title in English. Unless there's a chapter associated with the Bratva or Russia or something around those years that Evelyn spent there). (Just a little author's notice :D) 

                                                                                  Evelyn's POV

I hated the fact that Oliver and I had to have a bodyguard now. It was intensely annoying. At least he was nice, though. His name was John Diggle. I just called him Dig, as did Oliver. I spent most of the next day at home, reading old books and playing music, or taking a shower, or just sometimes doing - well, nothing. 

I was confused sometimes. Scared, even. I took a nap, and a nightmare woke me up, keeping me from sleep. I was just considering going down to the store and getting a couple pills, and that's exactly what I did. 

Begrudgingly, I took Diggle with me. 

                                                                                -Time skip-

'So... you're ex military?' I asked. 

'Yes,' he replied. '105th airborne of Kandahar, retired, Ms. Queen.'

'Please, Dig, call me Evelyn. Or Eve if you prefer.' 

'You been doing this whole thing for long? The chauffeur, bodyguard to rebellious billionaire boys - that sort of thing?' 

'Yes. Not for long, though. Little more than 4 years.' 

'Impressive.' 

'If you don't mind my asking, Evelyn,' Diggle asked, 'what did you want to head out for?'

'I need pills. Sleep pills. I have insomnia, nightmares, so - I thought taking pills might help a little. And maybe lunch. Depends. I get really tired easily. My tolerance with staying up throughout the whole day isn't what it used to be.' We soon pulled up in front of the nearest pharmacy, and he got out of the vehicle, opening the passenger door for me. I stepped out. 'Can you come with me?'

'Certainly, Evelyn.' He brought out an umbrella, as it was raining that day, and put it over my head, and I walked inside the pharmacy with him. He held the door open and helped me find what I needed, then the two of us went out to lunch. I was promptly brought home by Diggle at around 3 P.M., to which end I watched two movies with Thea when she got home from school, then took a sleeping pill and went to bed. Needless to say, I slept quite well that afternoon.

Thank you John Diggle, for recommending sleep pills.

I laughed just thinking about it.

-Time skip-

Arrow's POV

I heard the man, Adam Hunt, talking to his security detail. I waited for the right time to strike, to stop him swindling the people of Starling City once and for all.

To protect my city.

'You remind Grell I put him on the bench, I can take him off. I will turn him into a cautionary tale.'

'Yes, Mr. Hunt,' the man replied.

'And this attorney Laurel Lance... you said she wasn't gonna be a problem anymore. I told you to fix that situation.' They came closer to Hunt's car. He turned to his man. 'Why are you still here?' he barked. The man left abruptly. He resumed walking to the car with the rest of his security detail when I nocked an arrow in my bow and with two satisfying, quick whooshes, the men were sent to the ground.

'Get in the car!' Another man yelled to Hunt. He shot up into the ceiling.

'Hey,' I spoke. 'You missed.' I fired another arrow and the man fell. Yet another arrow was fired, shattering the car glass window. Hunt spun around, now duly terrified.

'What? What? Just... just tell me what you want.'

'You're gonna transfer $40 million into Starling City bank account 1141 by 10 P.M. tomorrow night.'

'Or what?' he demanded as I kept an arrow nocked at his chest.

'Or I'm gonna take it, and you won't like how.'

'If I see you again, you're dead!' Hunt screamed, but it was to thin air.

-Time skip-

At the Hunt Multinational Building...

'He was wearing a hood, a green hood, and he had a bow and arrow.' Detectives Lance and Hilton looked at each other, considering, remembering the story that Oliver had told them. 'What, you don't believe me?' Adam Hunt turned and picked up a green arrow. 'That maniac put two of my men in the hospital.' Detective Hilton took the arrow.

'Well,' Detective Lance said, 'thanks for your statement. We'll put an APB on... Robin Hood?' Hunt walked towards him with a stern look on his face.

'Hey, pal. I'm not some grocer who got taken for his register. I go to the front of the line. Now he said he would be back here by 10 P.M. Make sure you're here first. You can coordinate with Mr. Drakon, my new head of security.'

'Alright. Well, uh, thanks for your time.' The two detectives left. As they walked out, Detective Hilton spoke.

'It looks like Queen was telling the truth.'

'Yeah. Well, there's a first time for everything. This hooded guy comes looking for trouble, he'll find it,' Detective Lance said.