Chapter 20: Copycat 'The Hood'

Oliver Queen's POV 

At the warehouse... 

Evelyn looked thoughtful as she sat on the desk like she always did, twirling one of her daggers around. So did John, who sat on a chair with his feet up on the table, hands intertwined over his stomach. 

'Who would kill Adam Hunt with an arrow?' John mused aloud. 'I mean, other than you.' 

'A setup, maybe,' I replied. 

'You mean someone looking to cover up killing Hunt by making it look like the work of the Hood?' Evelyn chimed in. 

'Whoever he was, he's good. The grouping on Hunt's chest was tight. It's a compound bow, most likely. The guy is a... The guy is a legitimate archer.' 

'So someone who would be particular about his choice of arrows,' John replied. 

'We get an arrow, we get a bead on where he purchased them,' Evelyn chimed in. 

'So what are you gonna do?' John asked me. 

'What anyone does when they need help.' I turned to John and Evelyn. 'Call a cop.' 

Time skip

We stood in the main room of the warehouse. 

'Lance,' the detective spoke through the phone. 

'I didn't kill Adam Hunt,' I replied, my voice modulator on.

'You...'

'You call me the Hood. It's not a great nickname. You told Commissioner Nudocerdo that you might be dealing with a copycat. Another archer, which makes me your best bet to take him down. But I need your help. I need one of the arrows from his murder.' 

'Yeah,' Detective Lance retorted, scoffing. 'We're pretty good at pulling down leads off evidence. Thanks.' 

'Not like I am. I can do things the police can't, go places they won't.' 

'Like I said, I don't even know who -' 

'If this archer doesn't stop with Adam Hunt, we both have a problem,' I replied to Detective Lance. There was a moment of silence. 'Think about it. Then call me. Number's programmed in.'

Time skip - At Big Belly Burger

Evelyn Queen's POV 

Thea, Oliver and I sat in the diner at Big Belly Burger, eating fries and chatting. Like normal siblings. I felt terrible, though. I had been sleeping a tad easier, but the thought of the copycat archer and what he was doing to our city had been torturing me no less. I had often brought up to Oliver that we needed to show Thea what we were doing and tell her the truth when we went out on our nighttime 'excursions'. I hated keeping secrets, and there were times I wanted to just blurt out 'I am the vigilante!' but no matter what I did, who I wanted to tell, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was brought out of my trance by Thea speaking. 

'I think there should be a national holiday for the guy that invented French fries.' 

'Or a statue,' I piped up, taking a bite of one of Oliver's French fries and a sip of my root beer float. 

'Or something,' Thea replied. 

'There is no Christmas party, is there?' Oliver asked. 

'Still on that subject?' I asked.