06

"yes claire, i just got here, i'm in the lobby waiting for them to come down," nina informed into her phone. "what was the name of the client, again?... got it, thank you. i'll call you after the meeting."

nina hung up the phone and proceeded to text ej, letting him know that she had just made it to the production building.

"excuse me, are you nina salazar-roberts?"

she looked up to see a dark haired man standing before her, dressed formally in business attire. he held a clipboard between his arm and his body and stood up straight, as he tried to determine if that was the woman.

she stood up from the single couch they had, and nodded her head as she reached her hand out to give him a handshake.

"great, right this way miss," the man said before leading her into the elevator.

-

ricky sat in a conference room with his manager, luke, as he was being informed about what was to happen during the next couple months.

although he was there physically, mentally, he was in an alternate universe.

there were so many things going on in his mind. eliza, his old best friend, ex girlfriend, first kiss, the one who broke his heart by cutting him off, only a few months after she left, she was back, living in salt lake.

and the girl he thought he would never see again, maybe he didn't even see her. he just caught a glimpse of his fantasy life. a glimpse of her.

he was so busy in his thoughts that he couldn't comprehend anything luke was saying to him. he simply just nodded in response to everything he said as he stared blankly at the table in front of him.

"so, that's the plan for the next few months- writing your next album. remember, one of the songs has to be a duet."

"mhm."

"for now, we just have to meet the new record label you're signing with, got it?"

"yup."

"alright, i'm sure you've heard of them."

"hm."

"salrob music?"

ricky was taken out of his thoughts and he shifted his eyes to look at luke, dead in the eyes, as the words left his mouth. he stayed frozen, his head still facing the table while his eyes were stuck on luke's.

"they're celebrating their 25 year music business anniversary, so they're scouting for more people to sign with."

ricky stayed in his position.

"rich, are you okay?"

he struggled to find the words to say next, and all that could come out was, "wh-what did you say?"

"when? they're scouting...?"

"n-no, before that," he frantically said.

"salrob music?"

he nodded slowly as he gulped at the sound of her last name.

"yea, they're-"

luke was interrupted by a knock at the door. he yelled a "come in!" before the door opened, revealing a tall dark haired man, and a small brunette behind him.

"thank you," luke said to the man before he nodded, letting him know he could leave.

he turned to ricky who had quickly got up from his chair and started wiping the sweat off the palm of his hands, opening his mouth to say something but he couldn't find the words. he felt his heart beat faster and faster as he saw the petit girl's image come closer into the room.