08

ricky was running late to his meeting so instead of going his normal route, to enjoy the surroundings of salt lake city, he ran through a shortcut he found one day

once he got to the building, he signed in at the front desk and ran up to the elevator, repeatedly pushing the button before resting his hands on his knees breathlessly.

once the elevator doors opened, he walked in casually and pushed the button to the tenth floor. he watched the doors start to close slowly when he heard a small yell telling him to keep the doors open.

he quickly pushed the open doors button and saw the person run into the elevator.

"nini," he mumbled, only loud enough for himself to hear.

"oh, richard, i didn't know it was you. well, thank you for opening the doors, it's bad enough i'm running late," the girl said, checking the time on her phone.

"um, no problem," he managed to get out.

the two stood in an uncomfortable silence next to each other as they faced the elevator doors. the ride felt like forever, but still, they somehow haven't reached their floor.

"sorry about-"

"my friends said-" they both blurted out at the same time.

"oh, sorry," nina apologized, "you first."

he stifled a laugh before continuing, "i just wanted to say sorry... for the way i acted in the last meeting. that was rude of me," he said, looking down at his feet.

"it's okay," she smiled.

"it's just that, given... well pretty much everything, it's weirder than i thought it would be."

given everything? oh! cause his music is based on a girl and i look like her! duh!

"don't worry about it," nina gave him a reassuring smile, "i know it's probably a lot seeing me around."

he glanced up to face her, only to see she was already looking at him, "yea. it is," he said as he started being mesmerized by her deep brown eyes. she turned away, facing down at her feet and he cleared his throat at the realization he was staring. "um, what were you gonna say?"