15

-

-

"thanks for letting me come with you carlos, i didn't want to ask but it's new years and i'm not exactly used to spending it alone so..."

"don't worry about it," carlos told nina, "i think there's only a couple people here so it shouldn't be too overwhelming. red should already be inside too," he said as he knocked on the door.

"okay," she said, following his hand as he knocked. "by the way, who's house-"

"oh, hey guys," a voice interrupted as the door swung open.

"hey ricky," carlos replied, looking back and forth between the two adults whose eyes were on each other's. he cleared his throat to remind the two that he was still standing there, shivering at how cold the winter day was.

"oh, sorry, come in," the man moved so he could enter, "seb's in the living room."

he nodded as he signalled to nina, letting her know to follow him.

"i didn't know you were coming," the man said to her carlos left their view.

"i didn't know either," she said, "los said we were going to a party, should've figured you were gonna be there," she chuckled.

"yea. um, come in, you must be cold."

she nodded and she walked in, taking her jacket off and handing it to him. he hung it in the closet next to the front door, so it would be out of the way.

"everyone should be this way," he said as he lead the way.

"oh hey ricky," gina said as he walked into the room, "what movie do you think- nini!"

she got up from her spot on the couch and ran up to the brunette, wrapping her arms around her. as quickly as she did that, she widened her eyes and pulled away, taking a step back and looking at everyone and back at nina.

"i- i am so sorry. nina," she said.

"nini?" she spoke under her breath, only loud enough for her to hear.