Chapter 18: Fearless

Hey. I just wanna say that I didn't want to offend anyone with my a/n in the previous chapter. I wasn't comparing Abir and Dev. It's just that I saw yrhpk before krpkab so I tend to imagine Abir in Dev's place and what Abir would've done. Also my point of view about Erica is something that I feel. It's my opinion and I'm not forcing it on you. I feel that MishBir >>> Devakshi. But that's just what I feel. You can prefer the opposite. I hope you understand what I was trynna say...
Anyway, this is the next chapter. Enjoy!
_____
"Ladies and gentlemen, in a few moments we will be landing on the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminal, please put on your seat belts and turn your phones off." The airhostess announced and Mishti immediately jerked up from her sleep, her eyes tired with the constant tears.

Half an hour later, Mishti was walking out of the airport with a suitcase strolling by her side. She looked at the paper in her hands, her mind conflicting if she should do it or not.

"Dear Ms Mishti Agarwal,
Since you are an alumni, we would really want you to come here in Mumbai and teach Economics in our college. The offer stays open till whenever you decide to take up the job. Keenly waiting for your answer.

Yours Truly,
Vishesh Raizada
(Owner of St. Xavier's College)"

Mishti got this letter a day before her gordhana with Kunal but she didn't take up the job. The letter said that they would be open for her anytime she'd come to apply.

"Kuch toh karna padega na! Ese toh guzara nahi ho paaega. Abhi sabse pehele mai yeh job le leti hoon." Mishti muttered to herself and called a taxi asking them to take her directly there.

" Dada, mujhe andar bas 10 minute ka kaam hai. Aap idhar hi wait karenge? Mai extra bhaada de dungi. Please?" Mishti requested the driver and he seemed to be a kind man who was old.

"Beti, tum jaao! Mai idhar hi hoon. Mujhe jaane ki jaldi nahi hain."

Mishti just nodded and thanked him. "There were still kind people if you looked around."

She walked in with a resumé in her hands and her breath shaky.

" Hi, I'm here for the job of the economics professor and I have to meet Mr Raizada." She said to a peon who gave her a bored look.

" Madam appointment hai aapke paas?" She answered in negative. " Madam appointment nahi hai to nahi jaane ko milega. Sahab bahut buzy aadmi hai. Kal aana aap."

" Gopi! Yeh itna shor kyu ho raha hai mere office ke bahar!" A man walked out of the office in front of which Mishti and and the peon stood.

"Sorry Vishesh sir! Yeh madam jaane ka naam hi nahi le rahi hai! Mene bola kal aaye appointment ke saath." Vishesh nodded and was about to go in when he was abruptly stopped.

" Mr Raizada! Mr Raizada! I'm Mishti! Mishti Agarwal. I'm here for the job!"

" Mishti! Oh My God! Aap maanengi nahi humne kitni koshish kari hai aapko iss job par laane ki. Jab se aapne humare college mai top marks secure kare hai, tabse aapki economics professor unke retirement ke baad aapko iss job par rakhna chahti thi. Humne especially ek seat aapke liye reserved rakhi thi. It's so good to meet you finally." He forwarded his hand for a handshake and Mishti too shook his hand and they walked inside the cabin.

"Toh Miss Mishti, aapne ekdum se ese job lene ka faisla kyu le liya? " Vishesh asked after they both sat down.

Mishti was tongue-tied. She could obviously not tell this generous stranger about her past out of the blue so she decided to lie. "Actually I've been wanting to work for the longest of time and I immediately remembered about this job offer and I came here for it!"